Syndicate introducing "Active Front" missions on weekdays

A place to talk about our main Rise of Flight server. This server includes our weekly "Sunday Vintage Mission".

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Syndicate introducing "Active Front" missions on weekday

Postby SYN_Speck » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:06 pm

I think this is a good idea. Hopefully it will catch on. I just flew for 90 minutes or so, with a few people on. There were a few comments from the peanut gallery:

-A request that the Strutter AI bomber flights bomb from low level, so that if a human joins them he can bomb with some accuracy (since the strutters have no bombsight.)

-A request that when the mission orders appear on screen, they specify which field the AI flight is taking off from.

-Orders should be repeated a few times.

-"Great concept" "Great idea."
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:39 am

Thanks Speck!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Speck » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:21 pm

Thank YOU Vander! (Insert saluting smiley here.)

Currently 16 people on the server- not bad for a Monday!
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:33 pm

Around 20 when I was on. :grin: Many people saying in the chat,what great job you've done with this, Vander. Thumbs up!

All of this proves in my mind that RoF isn't dead by a long shot, it's just that people are hungry for something new, ANYTHING! If only 777 would hear the cry and act.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:41 am

Good stuff! Just activated a new version. Strutted are slower now and added fighter AI for bomber intercepts.
I hope to be able to create a new map soon, maybe Haash can help as well? :)
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:58 am

Hey Vander, I took a look at that mission past weekend. I would need coupla of days to understand how tihngs are connected and then I can try build one in a new location.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:09 am

SYN_Speck wrote:...Currently 16 people on the server- not bad for a Monday!

SYN_Mugue wrote:Around 20 when I was on. :grin:

And I was on last night as well, around 7:15 to 8 PM EDT but didn't see either of you. There was around 16 or so, but declined towards the end. Vander, I see you've taken the kill messages out. No complaints thus far, but maybe nobody noticed or missed them yet?

Certainly no shortage of action for the whole time I was on. A function of a smaller map and the extra AI? Again, I really couldn't tell when I was fighting AI or real person; in one encounter I damaged/shot down two Alb AI's and then a third came in and I forced him down (a real player, I checked the logs). The AI only shows itself through limited defense moves (spiral down) when you are 1 on 1, when a dogfight is on you simply can't tell.

I was looking for more frequent mission announcements of 'what to do', but still only saw the occasional message widely spaced. If there is any way to increase the frequency of these messages for people who arrive in between missions, that would be great.

OR, what about this. You have major missions scheduled, such as bombing, recon, arty, and these are arranged in flights of course. How about in between these flights you have messages popping up for players to patrol in certain zones, and this would give newly arrived players something to do. That way players could hop in a scout and head to a patrol zone by themselves if they want (if short on playable time), or wait for one of the major missions.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:59 pm

SYN_Haashashin wrote:Hey Vander, I took a look at that mission past weekend. I would need coupla of days to understand how tihngs are connected and then I can try build one in a new location.

Hi Haash, let's meet on TS and I can talk you through it. The logic isn't that difficult, but there is a LOT of it!

Let me finish this version first and maybe clean it up a bit. Still more tips coming in.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:01 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:I was looking for more frequent mission announcements of 'what to do', but still only saw the occasional message widely spaced. If there is any way to increase the frequency of these messages for people who arrive in between missions, that would be great.

OR, what about this. You have major missions scheduled, such as bombing, recon, arty, and these are arranged in flights of course. How about in between these flights you have messages popping up for players to patrol in certain zones, and this would give newly arrived players something to do. That way players could hop in a scout and head to a patrol zone by themselves if they want (if short on playable time), or wait for one of the major missions.

Good tip. Yes, it should be easy to have some detection points and then put up a message saying "Incoming bombers have been spotted over X, flying West.".
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby WWGeezer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:09 am

I visited one of the Active Front Missions and I got the subtitle that said " a mission will be available in " but no timeframe was identified in the subtitle.

I think the mission was A Day on the front 1916 v1.2

was it me or something broken?
WWGeezer

PreviousNext

Return to SYNDICATE Server: Rise of Flight