Syndicate introducing "PvE" missions!

A place to talk about our main Rise of Flight server. This server includes our weekly "Sunday Vintage Mission".

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Syndicate introducing "PvE" missions!

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:48 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:Another question. You have the AI spawning near the objectives, but can you provide random spawn points over various sectors of the map? Perhaps a percent chance for either friendly and/or enemy to appear. Not sure if this is possible, but may mimic the effect of a busy front, and hopefully even generate AI vs. AI dogfights we can either choose to avoid or engage in.

I really like the AI flight logic/flight plan approach you used for 'Active Front', it does make for a more occupied sky. Can this aspect of Active Front be combined with the co-op style missions? Just trying to think out of the box.

Hoping I am not speaking out of turn on the RoF forum thread on this subject. I can be quite vocal re: things I am passionate about, and I am pissed off that the MP community largely ignored your active front missions and chose instead to fly NW, which IMHO offers sub-par and now very stale missions with ludicrous plane sets... I appreciate their larger community effort to some degree, but to me it is sad that their watered-down offerings now represent what RoF MP is for the community on a regular basis.

-Yes, random spawns of other units is already in, but should be extended more

-Can you elaborate? What is different? Do you mean you'd like to follow an AI to the target?

-That's okay Bandy! yesterday I did some flights on the server and there were two gentlemen (Hillbilly and ??? forgot) who were just the sort of players these mission were made for. I'm just curious if offering these missions will draw out more of them....
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:51 pm

No, not have players follow AI to the target, but could AI flights have their own mission objective going on in the background?

You know how Pat Wilson's mission generator works, there are several AI flights (friendly and enemy) going on at same time, interacting independent of the human element(s) present. That sounds like a lot to ask for, but makes for a sense that you are part of something larger, that lots of things are happening. I've heard that Pat's missions can be taken and used for coop purposes with some simple editing.

Just asking what might be done here, if your AI 'Active Front' flight logic can be brought in here.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:03 pm

^That's what I was trying suggest. Something to fill in the scene and remove the sterile feel.(words are not my friends)
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:46 pm

Version 0.5 is now live. I have added some of the ambient flights from the "active front" missions to liven things up a bit. Also, airfields are not getting locked atm.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Previous

Return to SYNDICATE Server: Rise of Flight