Poll for weapons mods on SYNDICATE Server.

A place to talk about our main Rise of Flight server. This server includes our weekly "Sunday Vintage Mission".

Moderator: SYN Exec

Should Weapons Mods be allowed on the SYN server?

Yes: always
53%
Yes: only through weekly rotation, not Vintage Missions
37%
No: Never
11%
No: except Vintage Missions
No votes

Total votes : 19

Poll for weapons mods on SYNDICATE Server.

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:15 am

As the title suggests the Weapons Mods can be switched on or off completely by the Server. What we are trying to find out here is what the community prefers for the SYN server.

The poll will effect the weekly rotation but at this stage Im not sure if it will include the Vintage Missions aswell.

There is a good thread showing some ppls views about this (http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=29409&start=250)and(viewtopic.php?f=3&t=308) but we think a poll here running up to the release of the mods might help us go in the right direction.

Consider also:

Balance (Will the mods include a "performance reduction" in terms of weight/speed/agility)

Costs (Will those that buy the weap mods simply fly where they can use them)

Realism (Will some consider them "unrealsitic" and fly elsewhere)

Have a vote and input any relative data that springs forwards over time until release. Thanks for taking part.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Re: Poll for weapons mods on SYNDICATE Server.

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:42 am

To be honest, I think it's a bit early for a poll. We haven't got a clue how these will affect performance? There was a reason most of these mods were only tested but never used in real life. I hope in the game we will come to the same conclusion... :)
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:43 am

Difficult choice really. As I've stated in the other thread, I think that some of the mods are great and even necessary, like the swinging Lewis or Lewis options for RNAS/RFC Nieuports. Some seem to represent modifications that probably were not that common (that 20mm gun on the Alb D.II for example), and some were tested but apprently never used operationally (the 57mm gun)...

If there is no option to disable selectively, I'd say leave them on, personally I want to buy some of them (the most relevant/historical ones), but of course there would be no point in doing so if I will never be able to use them online beacuse they're disallowed, and I guess that most people who will buy them would feel the same.

As suggested in the thread @ROF forums, we could specify in the mission briefing which mods are allowed on that mission, hoping that most of the players will comply, even if you can bet that some will ignore it.

Maybe we could try like that at first, and if we realise that things go silly and out of hand, like lots of people are firing salvoes of rockets in dogfights, or flying low over airfiels blasting away with big guns, we might consider to ban them.

I think that most of the players flying on our server want to experience something that looks like WWI air fighting, so they will be able to comply with mission restrictions.
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:57 am

I can only echo Vander's thoughts, we need to see what penalties an aircraft suffers when fitted with the mods before we make a decision.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:57 am

Yup. Its early days yet, but i do think its important to get a feel for how these things are gonna play out. As we get more data im sure many will swing one way or another. Undoubtably the first days of weap mods will bring mayhem and that could be quite fun. As stated tho we dont even know how the mods will effect drag or turnability. This will effect how ppl fly with them.

On another note I imagine rockets will have smoketrails. Im imagining a low level force attacking an airbase with possibly 20 rockets in the air bringing framerates to a grinding halt. Its funny what worries ppl have when we are given new news about stuff.

This poll im sure will run for quite some time!
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:38 am

I think it's to early. It should never be an advantage. It should be a strategic choise.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby Master » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:44 pm

I think it is too early to tell how this feature will affect online play. With that said I voted Yes always since it sounds like it will have enough draw backs to not be used too often.
=AGW= Master
Alt.Games.Warbirds
http://agw.bombs-away.net
Master

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:37 am

Ok the weap mods are upon us. Im guessing this topic might get some use :)

Im gonna try before I vote obviously.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Well I had already voted no, but since I later bought them all, I guess that means I've changed my mind. :???:

Anyway here's hoping for some sort of server side controls in the future...
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Ive changed the poll so anyone can change their minds.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Next

Return to SYNDICATE Server: Rise of Flight