Vaal's Stats Program..changing the way scores are calculated

A place to talk about our main Rise of Flight server. This server includes our weekly "Sunday Vintage Mission".

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Vaal's Stats Program..changing the way scores are calcul

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:45 am

J30_Hans Richt wrote:Salute<>

Had two kills today and landed at our drome after each kill. The chat logs stated the kills on the server but no record in the mission logs? Strange! :? Plus I had a two kill streak when I landed and then left the server. I don't understand how Syndicate logs kills. My points totals in server were as high as #3 and finished in top 10 yet on the VM - Lens - June 1918 v1.3 / Mission #1167 I finished 161 out of 162. How can this be?

J30<>Hans Richt

Hans, no idea, you might want to post this here http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=278&t=27296 Vaal designed and maintains the program so should be able to answer your questions. All we do is put it up.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby J30_Hans Richt » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Salute<> Blackrat,

Thanks - have posted the question on the thread you listed.

J30<>Hans Richt
J30_Hans Richt

Postby JG1Pragr_J6 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:12 am

Hi guys.

May I have one question about the stats calculation?

Yesterday, I shot down 2 SPAD 13s in one sortie with Dr.I. I was hurt, but still landed succesfully on home AF (no crash, no shot down reported). When I checked mission stats today, I saw there is 13 points for that sortie. Is it just my point of view or 13 points for shooting down 2 faster, way more sturdier and better climbing planes is too small? Ok Dr.I can turn on dime, but for air combat speed is essential.

I checked how many points get SPAD 13 for shooting down Dr.I and even if the sortie ended as ditched (I think there is some sanctions for landing out of AF) SPAD got 11 points. No other measured damage (such as gunner kill or assistance) done. So if landed correctly (I mean on AF) SPAD 13 got for Dr.I the same amount point, if not mode, as Dr.I got for 2 13s? That's ridiculous.

EDIT: Just for comparison. When I shot down DFW and Dr.I in one sortie with SPAD 13, I got 31 points after succesfull landing on home AF. Killing DFW was like stealing a candy to small child (in compare with shoting down DH.4, Brisfit or even RE.8 in planes like Albies, Pfalz D.III, Dr.I or even the D.VII). Dr.I was a bit harder but still, I could choose when fight and when run without need to think how many enemies are there. With lets say 600-800m noone can stop me disengage. I don't say SPAD 13 is easy plane. But is no way harder than anything on Central side with freedom of disengaging bonus. It's no way harder to excuse such disproportion in points evaluetion.

JG1Pragr_J6
JG1Pragr_J6

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:36 am

Hi Pragr,

No idea is the answer, we use the stats program kindly developed by Vaal and the only change we made was that if you don't land safely at a friendly field you only get 10% score obviously to encourage people to fly to survive. The only person that can answer this is Vaal and there is a link a couple of posts up to his thread in the ROF forums.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:28 am

Pragr wrote:Hi guys.

May I have one question about the stats calculation?

Yesterday, I shot down 2 SPAD 13s in one sortie with Dr.I. I was hurt, but still landed succesfully on home AF (no crash, no shot down reported). When I checked mission stats today, I saw there is 13 points for that sortie. Is it just my point of view or 13 points for shooting down 2 faster, way more sturdier and better climbing planes is too small? Ok Dr.I can turn on dime, but for air combat speed is essential.

I checked how many points get SPAD 13 for shooting down Dr.I and even if the sortie ended as ditched (I think there is some sanctions for landing out of AF) SPAD got 11 points. No other measured damage (such as gunner kill or assistance) done. So if landed correctly (I mean on AF) SPAD 13 got for Dr.I the same amount point, if not mode, as Dr.I got for 2 13s? That's ridiculous.

EDIT: Just for comparison. When I shot down DFW and Dr.I in one sortie with SPAD 13, I got 31 points after succesfull landing on home AF. Killing DFW was like stealing a candy to small child (in compare with shoting down DH.4, Brisfit or even RE.8 in planes like Albies, Pfalz D.III, Dr.I or even the D.VII). Dr.I was a bit harder but still, I could choose when fight and when run without need to think how many enemies are there. With lets say 600-800m noone can stop me disengage. I don't say SPAD 13 is easy plane. But is no way harder than anything on Central side with freedom of disengaging bonus. It's no way harder to excuse such disproportion in points evaluetion.

JG1Pragr_J6

Try and contact Vaal and include a link to your sortie (http://www.stats.syndicatesquadron.org/sortie/237965/). I just checked your stats on our webpage and although it says you have 2 fighter kills, in the mission log there is only confirmation of one kill. So something is wrong, probably the 2nd kill was counted using a different logic and it doesn't add to the score? We can only guess I'm afraid....
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby JG1Pragr_J6 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:30 am

SYN_Blackrat wrote:...the only change we made was that if you don't land safely at a friendly field you only get 10% score obviously to encourage people to fly to survive...

You probably meant if you died you got 10% only. 'Cause what I know, if you land on anywhere on your own side of front you'll get all points for your credits. But if it's possible it would be really interresting to have similar kind of sanction if you don't land on active AF. Something like this:

1) land on home AF (where you took off from) 120% of points
2) land on any friendly AF 100% of points
3) land anywhere on friendly territory 50%
4) dead/capured 10% (what we have now)

But this is porbably too complicated, I know :)

Anyway thanks for the answer guys. According to the Vander's reply I checked the log and there is actually only one kill I've been credited by RoF parser. If these 13 points are for one SPAD 13 then I have no complains about :)

Salute
JG1Pragr_J6
JG1Pragr_J6

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 am

Pragr wrote:
SYN_Blackrat wrote:...the only change we made was that if you don't land safely at a friendly field you only get 10% score obviously to encourage people to fly to survive...

You probably meant if you died you got 10% only. 'Cause what I know, if you land on anywhere on your own side of front you'll get all points for your credits. But if it's possible it would be really interresting to have similar kind of sanction if you don't land on active AF. Something like this:

1) land on home AF (where you took off from) 120% of points
2) land on any friendly AF 100% of points
3) land anywhere on friendly territory 50%
4) dead/capured 10% (what we have now)

But this is porbably too complicated, I know :)

Anyway thanks for the answer guys. According to the Vander's reply I checked the log and there is actually only one kill I've been credited by RoF parser. If these 13 points are for one SPAD 13 then I have no complains about :)

Salute
JG1Pragr_J6

Yes, I think you're right.

We can't distinguish between 1) and 2) but that's not too bad. I like the idea of getting extra points when you land on a proper airfield.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Rumey » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 am

Guess this happens to all but it is a bit unrewarding at times. Had a fight last night with 2 of your fellows, they in pup's me and Vossy in Albs. Long fight lots of tuning, in the end they both end up over stressing their machines and break up in mid-air. In game it get awarded by both kills. In the parser not. I hit them very little(just a few point of damage each) but them braking up is still an effect of us fighting and in reality I think a pilot would have claimed these kills and if any ground units would have seen it they would have confirmed these claims.

Fighting pups in albies is not easy so I felt a bit snuffed looking at the parser, but guess I should have hit them more (no easy either as we where manoeuvring all over the place) do you gents know where the threshold is? I mean no wonder that the stat monkeys in my squad and in other's (1pl come to mind) peruse planes that they already got a kill for to kill the pilot. This way they make sure they get the kill also in parser and on your stat page.

But in effect this leads to unwanted behaviour or? I mean I wouldn't blame a pilot who does this, I do it myself at times. But would prefer to be able to trust my eyes, I fight them hit them no matter how lightly and they brake up during the course of our fight (or their engine stops and so on). I guess there is also a timer from the time damage occurred until the plane goes down ? This to stop mechs from happening 10 mins later? Sill I might be set to narrow? I fight might last a few minutes like in the case I mentioned from yesterday.

Anyhow no biggie just bringing it up for discussion, I know you gents have no control over the parser, but maybe the parser is not the end all be all? Maybe we could ask Vaal to take another look at it?
SYN_Rumey

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:58 pm

J5_Rumey wrote:Guess this happens to all but it is a bit unrewarding at times. ...
Yes, everyone is treated the same way by the parser, so it is not biased in that regard.
J5_Rumey wrote:But in effect this leads to unwanted behaviour or? I mean I wouldn't blame a pilot who does this, I do it myself at times.
Damn right it leads to "unwanted behaviour". I believe the RoF focus on statistics/kills <at all costs by some players> is causing problems in the community. In my opinion, it is holding back people from even trying MP. Many people have said on the forums they left multiplayer, or will not even try multiplayer because of this.

After a really good fight, if I have disabled a pilot or his machine, many times I give him the opportunity to try to land. Mostly they can't pull it off and crash anyways. For me it is a sign of respect, and I have received thank you's on the chat from many of these opponents. I have hope that maybe next time that pilot will do the same for one of his opponents, perhaps me.

Ask yourself if you would like the same chance to land and maybe keep your 'Dead-is-Dead' pilot alive, or just keep your kill streak going.

I had a DiD pilot killed by a real asshole who strafed me when I was wheels down, completely stopped, and trying to exit mission (those 5 seconds of complete bullshit). He already had the "Shot down" notice in chat, so why???
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby BH_Vfw Ludwig » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:35 am

Damn right it leads to "unwanted behaviour". I believe the RoF focus on statistics/kills <at all costs by some players> is causing problems in the community. In my opinion, it is holding back people from even trying MP

Absolutely correct. :!:

After a really good fight, if I have disabled a pilot or his machine, many times I give him the opportunity to try to land

I do the same thing basically, when I figure I have damaged the machine enough and feel that it can't make it back... I leave it alone... only to have someone else run over me to try and get the kill.

Earlier in this thread I read about kills appearing in chat, and not on the parser.... just my observation... but notices in the chat are highly unreliable. I see that pretty much EVERY time I am online that someone gets a "last hit" and subsequent credit... or the 1 bullet hit you never even noticed, flew another 45 minutes and then you bump the hangar on rollout and break your prop and POP! upcomes someone gets credit for shooting your down... which is really annoying. But then you go back and look later and they really did NOT get credit. They scored a .001 hit and that's all. I know, the game was never intended to be so in depth in this area, so I try to be grateful for as much as we get, but it will discourage some people.
BH_Vfw Ludwig

Previous

Return to SYNDICATE Server: Rise of Flight