Bonus mission events...ideas?

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Bonus mission events...ideas?

Postby SYN_Matthias » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:46 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:Raid on the zeppelin hangars, no wait, that is historical... :roll:

And that begs the question... is anyone building a zeppelin hangar model by chance? or a static Zeppelin moored to the ground for that matter... I know we can't have them "flying" ... "yet"... :roll: Honestly that's one thing it just boggles my mind that ROF does not have... IF Freaking Red Baron from 1990 could manage it, how can this game not? No I'm not asking to fly it. AI is fine. That would still be like having to live solely on German Black Forest Cake for a week... I don't know how I would manage :twisted:

Ok end of rant on that subject, moving on to more constructive topics...

Whats this I'm reading about a gramaphone object ingame?

Another couple ideas for you:
1. You could actually put in enough trenches and ground objects now to actually model an actual offensive in a localized area using ground MGs and tanks and artillery fire. (just not individual running troops). The way FEOW did it is interesting but a little bit goofy with how the "offensive" conists of flak trucks, and there have apparently been a lot of bugs and really no wonder - just open one of their missions and prepare for your jaw to hit the floor when you see the spider web...

2. I have done this before but not for a public mission - a running engagement betwen two squadrons of cruisers. Don't tell them to shoot one another because they'll blw each other up just about instantly. You tell them to shoot at an area of the sea around the enemy ships and as the engagement moves they retarget to a new circle. If hits occur they are random and then that is pretty exciting when it actually does happen. Same thing can be done with dueling artillery batteries or special barrages of trench lines but much easier (because the target doesn't move).
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
SYN_Matthias

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:19 pm

About the Zep: I have discussed this with Bandy earlier. It's a huge project because of the sheer size. The only thing that I can see being practical is a Zeppelin shed with doors halfway open and a Zeppelin lurking in the shadows. Then when the shed gets blown up, so does the Zep.
But a static zeppelin in the air...I just don't know how to create a damage model for it unless you model it as an aircraft and I don't have enough knowledge for that.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby Waxworks » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Is it possible to make a blimp? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSZ-class_blimp The 1917-8 SS Zero class were 150ft long and had a three man crew in a sort of boat, armed with a Lewis.

It might make another target for W12s, anyway.

Waxworks

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:37 am

Ah WaxWorks, always with the sea angle...

:grin:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:52 am

I would love to do it, but I need a (3ds max) example of the Balloons we have now in RoF. Maybe I'll start poking around and see what I can find out myself.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Matthias » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:52 pm

You mean... like this? http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/download.aspx?3dmodel=43373 :grin:

Edit: Now 30 seconds after thinking I've actually really helped by finding this, I realize you probably meant you need an ACTUAL one from ROF in order to figure out how to reverse engineer the damage model, not to figure out a polynomial equation for a cylindric object that gives a good zeppelin/airship shape....

J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
SYN_Matthias

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:58 pm

SYN_Matthias wrote:You mean... like this? http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/download.aspx?3dmodel=43373 :grin:

Edit: Now 30 seconds after thinking I've actually really helped by finding this, I realize you probably meant you need an ACTUAL one from ROF in order to figure out how to reverse engineer the damage model, not to figure out a polynomial equation for a cylindric object that gives a good zeppelin/airship shape....

Well I wouldn't mind having both! :grin:
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Previous

Return to SYN Missions/Editor