NEW smaller MAPS - URGENT

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

NEW smaller MAPS - URGENT

Postby SYN_Vorlander » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:50 am

Salute SYN!

Is there possibility that more smaller maps could be created for the weekdays rotation. The reason every dick and dick is flying on NW and not SYN is because of faster action.
Most pilots dont want to get into formation and fly 15-20 min before reaching the front.

The quality of map design is Superior than NW server. PLS think about it. Lets get the masses back on the SYN server.
SYN_Vorlander
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: NEW smaller MAPS - URGENT

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:23 pm

While it may be a good idea to try a series of smaller maps for mid-week (which may be quite a lot of work to create these since I don't think we have too many), I think it may be more than that, a combination of perceived issues.

Often you hear the same pilots who fly on NW (and elsewhere) complain about flak taking them out at low altitudes. Many stay away from SYN because they don't like it, and because they don't know how to avoid it. Hell, we all get taken out by 'ground fire' on occasion, damn him...

That said, NW is the only game in town during the week unless somebody has the balls to step up and 'seed' SYN server. I often try to seed if I have the time, but often I don't and just go like a sheep to NW. One Monday night a week or two ago I joined with 2 or 3 others on SYN and wonder of wonders, J5 joined, etc. etc. and then we had over 30 people, on a Monday night! I know you were there Vorly, I felt the love... :???:

So if your squad is looking for better maps (and I'm getting bloody tired of the same Verdun and Somme map over-and-over at NW...), then try to convince them to seed SYN and be patient to see what happens. It may mean that some of you have to fly Entente (shame of shames) at least in the beginning.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby Pod » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:34 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote: One Monday night a week or two ago I joined with 2 or 3 others on SYN and wonder of wonders, J5 joined, etc. etc. and then we had over 30 people, on a Monday night! I know you were there Vorly, I felt the love... :???:

On monday nights we fly a campaign with o.a. 69GIAP, J5, J18 and LvA.
That night we probably went over to the SYN server because of a problem with one of the missions in the game. We tend to do that :grin:

If only we had more if these nights...
Pod

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Get Requiem to resurrect his Ground Fire profile and go fly on NW, that would be funny :wink:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vorlander » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Just trying to get people back on the server. Currently the maps are to big. Long flying times and if the AAA should be looked at then think about it.

Either you want players on SYN or not. Simple for me.
SYN_Vorlander
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Well, we've never compromised on our vision of how we like to fly RoF. The success of Vintage Missions is a testimony to that. :cool:

Shall we bow to the wims and whimps who have purchased through steam as well? Please don't get me wrong, but it likely isn't as simple as pleasing the masses as outlined in your OP.

I don't want to speak for everyone here, I prefer that they make their own opinions known.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:50 pm

I would like to say some words, and its a personal opinion.

I made a map, the first I did I think, that at the end it was too small for our liking so I have to make it bigger (I know its not good to say it but our server/our likes). Also we are not here to be the number 1 server everynight. It was a time when the server was full even on week days and it was allways with the same maps sizes, so I think is not only the map sizes maybe is just that people that fly on weekdays regulary (not all of course) want some fast action and there are servers for them out there.

I think we are not here to please the masses but for us to have fun, and sorry but I dont have that much fun in smaller maps.

And V, about the AAA: I have a look at it several times when people complained about it. The truth is, I only get shot down when I fly on the deck, I think I have been shoot down by ground fire about 3 times in the past 6 months more less so I think AAA is totally ok. I agree other people will look at it differently but I never, ever discuss the matter with them, I just give them the link to the FAQ of our server that we put together last year I think it was.

Have you asked New Wing to get bigger maps? it could be another way of doing it.

Edit: Also I think Vander is pretty busy and to tell you the true, I am not in the mood to be building several missions (We have an insane number of missions actually).
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vorlander » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:08 pm

Ok. So maybe you misunderstood me.

The NW maps have no soul. I enjoy flying on Syn but not alone. If the vision for the future Is vintage mission. I understand.

Salute gents.
SYN_Vorlander
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby Frog86pl » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Or, maybe try something new.

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=40592

What do you think?

S!
Frog86pl

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:37 pm

V note that what I said is my personal opinion and vision of the server and when I said “we" is just cus we had privatly discuss lots of things and I think I can say how most of us like to fly. This does not mean that VM is the vision of future of SYN server, not at all. Only Bandy, you and I have said something about this so still a lot of opinions to be heard.

About what frog post, Its a good but as I said, Im not in the mood right now to be building many missions.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to SYN Missions/Editor