NEW smaller MAPS - URGENT

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: NEW smaller MAPS - URGENT

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:53 pm

SYN_Vorlander wrote:The NW maps have no soul. I enjoy flying on Syn but not alone. If the vision for the future Is vintage mission. I understand.

Salute gents.

Vorlander, please don't misunderstand us either. Constructive criticism and discussion is how we all can adapt and improve.

Now, I was on NW tonight for some time, and so were you and your squad mates.
In fact I joined NW when there were only 4 people there, and guess what, all of them were flying German, and at least 3 of them were J5. Who were they fighting??? :roll: I pointed out how silly that was, and drookasi changed sides and we got on with the business. Then more of your side and other people showed up till there were at least 10+ per side...

Now, think if your squad mates had started on SYN server, where would the other people have played tonight (Weds)? You know the same thing would have happened, people would have joined the server with the most people already there. Instead of it being NW tonight, it would have been SYN server, and there would certainly have been enough action with at least 20-30 people for any map we have in the rotation.

As far as I can tell, J5 fields the most pilots at any time during the week. IMHO where ever your squad chooses to fly en masse during the weekdays will decide which server is popular that night. Just my opinion, or insightful observation?

Maybe you need to discuss (or perhaps you have already?) where your squad chooses to fly...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vorlander » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:21 am

Bandy,

I started the post because during the week pilots are flying on NW and not SYN.

And i give you the reason. So if we fly on SYN its not going to change the fact that some of the maps on rotation are to BIG. I was not trying to change the core or soul of SYN map makers. Flying on a SYN map will still take more time to get to the front. Same pilots will join and leave for this reason and not because J5 is not populating the server.

H, i have no knowledge in map making and the time spend in making one. It was my personal request to try and get pilots back on syn server.
SYN_Vorlander
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:35 am

I wouldn't mind to have smaller/different maps for weekly use. In fact, we already do that. The Sunday missions are different from the ones during the week (except Wednesdays).

I don't have time at the moment to create entirely new maps/missions (there is also BoS testing to do!) so I hope someone else can work out the details, maybe work with Frog on his mission idea?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vorlander » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:07 am

thanx for a postive reply Vander.
SYN_Vorlander
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:25 pm

V please do not take my responses like Its a negativa one towards your personal request. I have done missions that were requested by others, no problema at all, but as I said Im not in the mood for it.

The rest is a personal opinion and should be taken like that mate, nothing wrong with you wanting ppl to fly on SYN server, I apreciate your concerns.

Edit: sometimes I may sound (be readed) in the wrong way, I think that english not beeing my first lenguague is the problema.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vorlander » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:51 pm

Im bying beers.

Salute

V
SYN_Vorlander
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Let's look at a small map rotation week, surely we have 5or6 to use?
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Per » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:14 pm

and put a post up about it on RoF forums?
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Vander » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Our older maps were smaller I think. But the reality is that the map size depend or where the airfields are. On the France Western front map there are only very few locations where airfields are close together, opposite of the lines.

But I remember some of our previous maps near Cambrai etc? Maybe these were smaller. However, none of those use the new photo recon logic. But then again, maybe that is not needed anyway for the "weekday" flyers? :)
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Correct. Can't we just fire em up and see?....
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to SYN Missions/Editor