Missions in rotation on SYNDICATE server

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

Missions in rotation on SYNDICATE server

Postby SYN_Jedders » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Welcome!

Here you will find a list of the missions that run on our server. As each new Vintage mission is run it will be advertised here. You may provide criticism or praise depending on your opinion. We will not , however, accpet constant trolling just for the sake of it. Try and keep your inputs positive, thanks!
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Re: Missions in rotation on SYNDICATE server

Postby SYN_Jedders » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:01 pm

The vintage Mission is still up? (Monday 3pm).
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mugue » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 am

I would like to request that the Map "SYN-Battleground Arras-Bapaume" be removed from the rotation of Early War Wednesday. This is a Balloon pop mission with DH2 & EIII's. I realize this is an old mission, and in it's day, it had some charm...yet I believe it has gotten a little long in the tooth(sorry, for you non-hillbillies, Old). The format is not very inspiring, and it has an issue with flak. This is not you're run o'the mill flak problem that has been making the rounds lately. With these slow planes, it's nearly impossible to climb above it, unless you've got all day. And even when jinking like mad the AAA will find it's mark 9 times out of 10. And maybe it's me but the flak seams like it's too much and too accurate for 1916, but that's just my feeling as I've got no data.

But most importantly this mission is emptying the server in my experience. People get frustrated, clawing for alt only to get whacked by AAA before you can even find the enemy, then they leave. Which is too bad cause I love this plane set

Perhaps it could be modified(less or lower flak ceiling), or better yet replaced with something more in line with all the other wonderful missions you guys have made lately. Though I'm not trying to make work for anyone, so I'd be happy just pulling it from the rotation.

What do you guys think? Opinions? Comments? Anyone?
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:54 am

The reason it's in is because it's the only (?) mission with only EIII's and DH-s I think. I'm happy to disable it though.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:22 am

Didnt we have a mission ages ago with Dh2s and e3s with a smattering of D2 and neup11?.....it was a small one with nothing more than a couple of trucks to hit....was damn fun tho :)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mugue » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:18 pm

If it is the only map with that plane set I withdraw my request. I love those planes and wish we had a few more maps.

Is the work involved to change the AAA a serious pain in the ass? Make it novice or set the height to 1000ft or such? Forgive me, I have no clue, just asking.

I'll put on my wish list for Santa this year that somebody makes a new mission for these planes.
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Santa just heard your wish Mugue ;)

I will do a simple mission with only those 2 planes on it. Ballon busting mission sounds good to you??
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:53 pm

you can use the mission that vander made, and edit the planeset and set flak to low because of the slow birds.

Current objective is to destroy each balloon twice, so the logic is already there. (might want to lower the balloons as well, 700m max?)
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Thanks Haash! You Da Man!!!

If I had my way, :roll: I'd put a little something more in it than just popping balloons. Some trucks and or gun emplacements to strafe. The current map "feels" a bit empty if you know what I mean? You guys have spoiled me with all those fancy missions.

I don't mind the alt of the balloons currently in the mission. They help draw people to higher alts. Tho if we lower the flak ceiling they wouldn't be covered by ground fire anymore. So my thinking was if we could just make the flak novice(lowest possible setting) or much less of it, that would better represent that they hadn't ever seen anything moving at the unheard of speed of 75mph before, let alone shoot at something going that insanely fast and in the sky to boot! Remember most people at the time had never seen a car in the flesh, let alone a plane!
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:04 pm

New Early Days mission is allready at Vander box. Only Dh2 and EIII.

Koll I know but as it is a simple one I built it from scratch.

Mugue this one has a line of ballons to destroy (8 per side) and some trains and trucks to attack. Got ballons at lower altitudes (some of them) and less AAA that are set to low.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to SYN Missions/Editor