Missions in rotation on SYNDICATE server

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Missions in rotation on SYNDICATE server

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:27 am

We have a mission with airstarts for fighters?. Vorl was asking over at roF forum to remove. I wasnt sure what mission he was talking about. Do we really need them?....bit Flying circus isnt it?...
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:13 pm

While I'm not really into that kind of thing...I believe Vander(correct me if I'm wrong here) tried this in an attempt to move the fights to a ~more historical altitude. I recall seeing some thread to that effect over at RoF. It's the never ending problem of how to convince a "noob" or the quake crazed masses to climb. Guns don't seem to work that well for the afor mentioned groups and only produce non stop whining about AA. It's just they can't find the time to climb because of their crippling gnat sized attention spans.(I fear it's a sign of the times. Thanks U tube!)"If I don't see someone getting their nadz busted on a hand railing within 30sec.s whilest skate boarding, I can't be bothered."

These are my opinions and don't refelect the stances of the management, as I was not autherized by Vander to discuss this topic. :razz:
Last edited by SYN_Mugue on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Old man wrote:...crippling gnat sized attention spans...

The man has a point, well spoken...love you Mugue :)

I do hope the airstarts are further out, so it takes the same time to reach the front at 9000ft/3km...
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Rabitski » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Regarding the new mission rotation are the fuel loads correct?, I was just on having a look and I noticed that the Camel has a fuel load-out of 85% (no biggey there) but the DVII & DVIII only have 70% yet the camel has almost twice the capacity of the DVII & DVIII I wasn't sure if this was by design or an oversight. For the record 85% in a Camel is about the level where you go from "Christ I going to spin this thing in" to "ok I'm not going to fall out of the sky for no apparent reason" but still a damn sight short of where you would want to be before you go mixing it up with Hun planes running on fumes :wink: . As always we play with the hand we are dealt :smile: .
PS. If I don't see some of ye this coming week have a Happy Christmas and all the rest.
(I'm away home to visit the parents this Friday)
Rab.
SYN_Rabitski
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:42 pm

No, that's not correct. The Camel has 85% fuel load when other planes have 100% fuel load. When other have 60% fuel load, the Camel should maybe have around 55% fuel.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Did I miss one??

dammit... i'll change it soon...

EDIT: Actually i just did...

1.1 uploaded to the server :)
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:57 pm

LOL, there is always at least one Koll! :)

The frustating thing is you can only activate a new version by restarting the server...
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:16 pm

I have added Haash's Channel mission around Ypres to the rotation (v1.2 now after I did some minor editing).
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:52 am

Montdidier VM last night was fantastic. Very well received on the RoF forum aswell. Great, great job Vander!!

Get it on rotation!!!!

P.S. Can we please have overcast on the Battle of Britain map?....
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 am

I think the format works really well and had a great time in the two-seaters!

The mission only spawns the targets that are announced through subtitles. When a new objective is announced, the old one will still be active for an hour so it can still be completed. The result is that the action is more concentrated and players will also co-operate more since they are going for the same target. Also, the targets can be more interesting as not all are switched on at the same time, so per objective you can use more objects/AAA etc.

Another fun thing is the "storyline" In between new objectives. An update of the battle progressing below. :)

I'll try to hunt down some possible bugs (Recon area's?) then we can use it as a new template for all our new missions. We just take a new portion of the map and copy over this mission. Then we need to change/move the targets etc.
I'll talk this one through with Haash, so maybe he can also make a version?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to SYN Missions/Editor