Missions in rotation on SYNDICATE server

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Missions in rotation on SYNDICATE server

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 am

Yeah I have some fun last night, even if I was just admiring how good RoF looks now. I will take a look at last night mission during the day, and of course I can do another version. I tried this before with the Afternoon Sorties mission but didnt work quite as well as last night one ;). Will take a look and learn from my "mistakes" hehehe. Great work Vander!!.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:09 pm

SYN_Vander wrote:I think the format works really well and had a great time in the two-seaters!

The mission only spawns the targets that are announced through subtitles. When a new objective is announced, the old one will still be active for an hour so it can still be completed. The result is that the action is more concentrated and players will also co-operate more since they are going for the same target. Also, the targets can be more interesting as not all are switched on at the same time, so per objective you can use more objects/AAA etc.

Another fun thing is the "storyline" In between new objectives. An update of the battle progressing below. :)

I'll try to hunt down some possible bugs (Recon area's?) then we can use it as a new template for all our new missions. We just take a new portion of the map and copy over this mission. Then we need to change/move the targets etc.
I'll talk this one through with Haash, so maybe he can also make a version?

Thanks to Spud I found a bug in the mission. The recon objectives were wired the wrong way: When Central should do a recon, the Allied recon aircraft will be activated and the other way around! :oops: Will fix this and put up the new version.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Rabitski » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Sorry for this one again guys same old issue, fuel loads on the ypers channel map that is up @ the moment (V1.2) seem to be 100% for allied and 60% for CP planes? Just spent the last hour doing the recon (RE-8 in 1918 tis a bit rough, not the plane match up just the time it takes to get up to alt for the recon, very few people have the ability to spend 60mins climbing to alt, I went over @ 8,000ft with no bombs) to get 8 camels with 100% fuel is like getting a kick in the balls :???: . A lot of people are complaining that on the channel maps they are getting more sound bugs then on the normal maps. I noticed this myself. (If this isn't the correct place for this post plz move it)
SYN_Rabitski
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Okay, point taken. Maybe Haash or Koll can tune the planeset?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby AB1Vasek » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 am

Hey fellas, I see you are discussing the server issues here, do you plan do load any particular mission up for this Wednesday 9th? Would you mind loading some classic western front map? Please give me an echo, I posted this question here: http://www.syndicatesquadron.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=777

Thank you!
Training Officer Vasek, 1st Aerial Battalion
Visit my production of WW1 air propellers and aircraft constructions at:
HistoricPropellers.com
AB1Vasek

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:50 pm

SYN_Rabitski wrote:Sorry for this one again guys same old issue, fuel loads on the ypers channel map that is up @ the moment (V1.2) seem to be 100% for allied and 60% for CP planes? Just spent the last hour doing the recon (RE-8 in 1918 tis a bit rough, not the plane match up just the time it takes to get up to alt for the recon, very few people have the ability to spend 60mins climbing to alt, I went over @ 8,000ft with no bombs) to get 8 camels with 100% fuel is like getting a kick in the balls :???: . A lot of people are complaining that on the channel maps they are getting more sound bugs then on the normal maps. I noticed this myself. (If this isn't the correct place for this post plz move it)

Ok Im on it right now. it seems i dont have 1.2, I only got 1.1 as was Vander who made lil editing to make 1.2, I know it is on the server but I never got to know how to extract missions from there...so if Koll could do it it will be great, if not i will asap.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Here it is Haash...

Ypres 1.2.zip

I suggest a mid 1917 plane set? JG 1 was at Marcke the whole summer up to the Battle of Cambrai in November. British Naval squadrons were flying tripes and pups near the channel.

I'm now making a VM mission in the same Ypres area, based on the Montdidier mission of last Sunday. It'll be September 20, Battle of Menin Road Ridge.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:56 am

SYN_Vander wrote:...British Naval squadrons were flying tripes and pups near the channel...

I think the RNAS also still had some Nieuports around even during the Tripe era, though they were N16's technically speaking (a Bebe with a 110 HP Le Rhone). Not sure whether the RoF N11 or the N17 would be a better stand in... :???:

Maybe put the N17 in as a flyable option with RNAS skin loadout, just for fun? Most people will not choose them, but Speck might like the chance :grin:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Ok sended the new ypress mission to Koll.
Planeset is n17 and tripes vs dII and dIII. Extra planes are pups and plazd XII, of course can be changed as I dont know much about plane sets :sad: Also all planes are available if you land it back at home, I think is nice for bombers at least.
Also reduce the fuel load on the re.8 so it wont take that long to climb up, also can be changed.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:21 pm

EDIT: Great news Hash! Thank you.
You write "plazd XII" do you mean the Pfalz DXII??? If so, that came into service in March 1918, much too late to include in this plane set.

OK, shouldn't be doing this at work, but was interested...
Inter-service rivalry affected aircraft procurement. Urgently required Sopwith 1½ Strutter two-seaters had to be transferred from the planned RNAS strategic bombing force to RFC squadrons on the Western Front because the Sopwith firm were contracted to supply the RNAS exclusively. In fact this situation continued – although most of Sopwith's post-1915 products were not designed specifically as naval aircraft. Thus RNAS fighter squadrons obtained Sopwith Pup fighters months before the RFC – and then replaced these first with Sopwith Triplanes and then Camels while the hard-pressed RFC squadrons soldiered on with their obsolescent Pups.

Lee, Arthur Gould (1968). No Parachute. Harrolds.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to SYN Missions/Editor