Missions in rotation on SYNDICATE server

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Missions in rotation on SYNDICATE server

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:39 pm

SYN_Vander wrote:
SYN_Kollwitz wrote::shock: My RoF editor won't start anymore, I've got a renderers.dll error... tried recovery, that didn't fix it, then deleted the whole. bin_editor folder and did a recovery. Recovery reinstalled the bin folder, but still no luck...

anyone have an idea?

Last time I used it was in 1.028, if you need any extra info, please let me know.

PS: I did update my graphics drivers to nvidia 310.70, but RoF itself is running fine...

Not sure about that error message, but the ME will always try to open the mission you opened/saved last time in the ME. If that mission is still on your harddisk with the .msbin extension, then ME will crash as the format is not compatible. Possible solution: delete all *.msbin files, or at least those before 24 dec 2012.

thx, that did it !
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Put // in front of vendin mission. No bugger could join the server with it on.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:15 pm

same problem again with the file transfer error for some people on Vendin 1.1...

Vander, can you have a look why it isn't working, because it is a very interesting one :)
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:44 am

simple...server still hasn't been restarted...
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby JG1Pragr_J6 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Guys, sorry if I spam wrong thread but this seems to me like the best place for my complain :)

I logged on your server 1 3rd evening in row and 3rd times there is Channel map Nieuport. I'm not sure if this is anything good for the server because I don't think the Channel map is any popular (at least according to the number o people logged out as soon as they realized there is a Nieuport map again) and the same mission on this map during the prime time is simply boring. Is there any reason why there is still the same map, or the map rotation is just bugged?

Thank for answer.

Pragr
JG1Pragr_J6

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 pm

The boys 'in-the-know' are just getting a new server up and running now, so the old server is being phased out and not monitored/managed much at this time...

The rotation will be resolved shortly I'm sure.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Got a request in chat to see if we could run that eastern front map sometime soon again for a VM. It's got my vote.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:38 am

@Vander, a small request regarding the the current mid week rotation.

Could we mix it up a bit?

I've enjoyed flying your "duel" series. But at this point Spud and I have flown them all repeatedly and they're beginning to feel a bit stale.(If you know what I mean? No offense intended!) Could you please put back in those active front missions? They've got enough going on in them for single and/or small numbers of players to be of interest. In addition they aren't hampered with the co-op mechanics that prevent others from joining when they see some one in the server. Many times when I'm in there, people have joined, can't figure out whats required and leave. Worse still, is when I waste my time, typing instructions(while flying and fighting) and ditching my plane to start a new mission for someone but they don't have the patients to wait and leave anyway... :|

SO maybe those active front missions are the best compromise. We get single player play-ability that scales AI back for multiplayer play-ability.

I also wouldn't be adverse to a scenario where its one team against AI. Kind of like the duel missions, but not co op.(Not sure if its possible, plausible or I'm making any sense at all...) And I'm not trying to make you program new missions if you don't have the interest or time, just so you know. Only thinking (ha) out loud. Thanks for reading this. :smile:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:04 am

I do not fly during the week at all, but completely agree, the active front missions are a very fine piece of work and great to fly when only a handful of people are on.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:44 am

SYN_Mugue wrote:@Vander, a small request regarding the the current mid week rotation.

Could we mix it up a bit?

I've enjoyed flying your "duel" series. But at this point Spud and I have flown them all repeatedly and they're beginning to feel a bit stale.(If you know what I mean? No offense intended!) Could you please put back in those active front missions? They've got enough going on in them for single and/or small numbers of players to be of interest. In addition they aren't hampered with the co-op mechanics that prevent others from joining when they see some one in the server. Many times when I'm in there, people have joined, can't figure out whats required and leave. Worse still, is when I waste my time, typing instructions(while flying and fighting) and ditching my plane to start a new mission for someone but they don't have the patients to wait and leave anyway... :|

SO maybe those active front missions are the best compromise. We get single player play-ability that scales AI back for multiplayer play-ability.

I also wouldn't be adverse to a scenario where its one team against AI. Kind of like the duel missions, but not co op.(Not sure if its possible, plausible or I'm making any sense at all...) And I'm not trying to make you program new missions if you don't have the interest or time, just so you know. Only thinking (ha) out loud. Thanks for reading this. :smile:

Sure Mugue! I was under the impression that no-one ever visits the server during the week (at least not in my time-zone!) so it wouldn't matter. I'll revert to the old rotation.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to SYN Missions/Editor