Report all bugs here please

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Report all bugs here please

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Hey, I just tried to join the VM and got an error #10017(file transfer error). I tried turning off all mods but it made no difference...I've no problem joining other servers btw, so I don't think it's bad on my end. Could someone have a looky and see what's up?

The mission is: VM-Third Battle of Aisne v2.1.

Thanks. :smile:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Can you try again? I added the new weather files.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Working fine now. Thanks Vander!!!
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby DD_SeaLord » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:45 pm

Late in the Ost Front Vintage mission, I took off from the Austro-Hungarian scout airfield and spotted three Ilyas in a V formation at about 2500m over the airfield. I saw no other planes in the sky or taking off from the scout field. I made a long climbing spiral to reach the altitude of the Ilyas and engaged them. In the excitement of having three Ilyas all to myself in a Vintage Mission, I collided with one of them and lost my wings and crashed. Undeterred, I brushed it off and jumped into another Halberstadt and executed another long climbing spiral to reach their altitude again. I made several firing passes to get the engines of at least two of them smoking. Unfortunately, my engine was hit and my goggles became partially obscured by engine oil and I was having great difficulty in just flying in the general direction of the bombers.

It was at this point, just as I was closing in for the kill, that the Russians triggered their dastardly secret weapon--the Mak'tar stealth haze!* The bombers became completely invisible, and only the sound of their engines remained in this dimension, kind of like the smile of the Cheshire Cat. Of course with the oil on my goggles, I was completely befuddled. Only when I later viewed the flight record did I realize that the Russians had developed this heretofore unknown advanced technology. Maybe it is some kind of new weapons mod I don't know about?

Needless to say, this incident has been reported to the intelligence service of the Fliegerarsenal of the Kaiserliche und Königliche Luftfahrtruppen.

* I avoided capture by using your Mak'tar stealth haze.
--The character Quellek in the movie Galaxy Quest.

Here is a video I unearthed of the incident:

Sealord
DD_SeaLord

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:33 am

My guess would be some kind of in-game client-side glitch that would be difficult, if not impossible to recreate.
I don't think it is a bug per se, or some form of advanced technology, or even a cheat.

[guys, I told you there wasn't enough oil on his goggles yet to flip the red switch...]
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby DD_SeaLord » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:46 pm

Ok, thanks. I just thought you should know...about the secret technology.
Sealord
DD_SeaLord

Postby DD_SeaLord » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:54 pm

P.S. I sent you a PM through the RoF site. I sent a similar PM to SYN_Vander yesterday on this site.

"Comrade! The 'oil on enemy pilot's goggles indicator light' has turned green! Permission to push the red button to activate the device!"

Oh, there was plenty of oil on my goggles for the ruse to work. I was looking for the bombers for about 2 minutes before I gave up. The low rumble of the invisible bombers' engines really threw me off. Also, can you please add an "attempt to wipe oil from googles and only make it worse" button? I think that would be very realistic and neat. Thanks.
Last edited by DD_SeaLord on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sealord
DD_SeaLord

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Press 'W' ...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby DD_SeaLord » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:30 pm

:lol:
Sealord