Report all bugs here please

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

Report all bugs here please

Postby SYN_Jedders » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:19 pm

If you find a bug in one of our missions, please report them here and we will have a look at it!
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Re: Report all bugs here please

Postby KAPEH » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:59 am

Hi, guys!
Don't know whether it's bug or not but looks quite weird really. I'm talking about "SYN - Dawn to Dusk - Autumn 1916 1.2" mission's planeset. Generally everything is OK, except a plane limits. Really, it is a strange situation - while Germans have a Alb D.II expired Allies have got unlimited amount of brilliant Nieuport 11's. Arriving in numbers together with a R.E.8, Pups they were able to eliminate everything and get home unpunished. Slightly unfair, isn't it? :wink:
My suggestion - Nieuports have to be limited too
KAPEH

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:07 pm

I will get someone to look into it, thanks
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby KAPEH » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:56 pm

SYN_Jedders wrote:I will get someone to look into it, thanks

thx, Jed!
KAPEH

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Okay, I have limited the number of N11's as well and also changed the refresh rate of the Alb DII (a bit higher).
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 am

Thanks, Vander!
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby KAPEH » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:25 am

Hi, Vander!
Something strange just happened when I bombed objectives together with =UA=Vaspasion. Mission SYN - Dawn to Dusk - Summer 1918 1.3. We took two Gothas and started for Objective B. We teared it apart (server had written that Obective B accomplished) but got no points for this, but then =UA=Vaspasion have severely damaged the airfield Bruay (which is not marked as the target in mission brief) and got ...wait for it...425 points. Is this a bug or something else?
KAPEH

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:40 am

KAPEH wrote:Hi, Vander!
Something strange just happened when I bombed objectives together with =UA=Vaspasion. Mission SYN - Dawn to Dusk - Summer 1918 1.3. We took two Gothas and started for Objective B. We teared it apart (server had written that Obective B accomplished) but got no points for this, but then =UA=Vaspasion have severely damaged the airfield Bruay (which is not marked as the target in mission brief) and got ...wait for it...425 points. Is this a bug or something else?

Master server lag for updating points? So it took a while for obj B points to appear? Just a thought.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby KAPEH » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:44 pm

SYN_Blackrat wrote:Master server lag for updating points? So it took a while for obj B points to appear? Just a thought.

Immediately after we've "closed" Obj B. I recieved 30 points or so. Vaspasion got approximately the same number. It was only after he blowed up Buray AF when he recieved additionaly 425 points which was happend after 10-15 min of flying.
KAPEH

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:51 pm

I think I understand the problem here...to determine if the (large) target has been destroyed I have hidden several tent objects inside the factories. When 7 out of 9 of these tents are destroyed objective B has been achieved. I did this so it is easier fur us to control the difficulty of the objective. We can make it 4 out of 9, 6 out of 9 9 out of 9 etc. When I would use the factory objects themselves, it would be hard to get a "kill" because you need to destroy almost every small building in the factory...

Of course, you don't get many points for destroying tents. What I can do is make the factories also "countable" for points, but this will take some time to fix...
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to SYN Missions/Editor