New missions by Waxworks...

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: New missions by Waxworks...

Postby Waxworks » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Weather is standard, you would need the recce files to work in a similar fashion to the main server. Why is it Lens 1.52- have you adjusted the path to the recce files? The new GFX stuff seems fiddly, I'll be more confident once I have it functional!

The second server doesn't seem to be up at present.
Waxworks

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:52 am

typo :oops: it is of course 1.51...

I don't know if the 2nd server has the additional files loaded, but I'll check with Vander, he should be online by the end of the week.

Thx again for your efforts!
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby Waxworks » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Thanks, at least it loads now anyway, so the server isn't blocked with an entirely unplayable mission.

If anyone wants to help test multiplayer artillery spotting this is an opportunity!
Waxworks

Postby Waxworks » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:48 am

This is the Lens 1.52 mission
lens152.zip
and I am close to success with the recces. I was trying to use blocks for markers but this does not work, and the block00 I imagined was created especially for the new recce logic crashes the mission at loading. However my latest attempt seems a success, so there may be recces and spotting together!

This has also allowed me to up the wind to the average summer 5 m/s of the Lens area. The recces I've used are longer than you might be used to, I always considered it odd that you could do more than one recce at a time on the standard Syndicate maps. Longer recces make it more challenging.

There is more information for the spotting and I've rotated the grid so that it is from the perspective of the spotter rather than north-south.

Don't use the 1.1 version of my Avion mission I'll need to update it.
Waxworks

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:10 pm

done!
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby Waxworks » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Thanks Kollwitz.. unfortunately the 1.52 version was quickly broken and has a fundamental flaw. So on we go..
lens153.zip
Waxworks

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:47 am

mission updated on the server.
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby Waxworks » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:54 pm

I wanted to test the effect of the spotter logic on the frame rate, but this may have been too ambitious and players requested a more straightforward test mission. This is a spotter training mission out of Auchel:
Spotter.zip

It should be modular, so the spotter logic can be retrofitted to other missions. I wanted to have the spotter grid randomised but this might take too many resources (and it is much work even for a reusable group!), so the targets will have to have several possible spawn positions at the start of a mission, though I haven't done that for this test mission.

Perhaps I could make a random grid version as well, however it would involve about four hundred more trigger timers... as compared to a finding a couple more spawn points for each target placed.
Waxworks

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:30 pm

uploaded the spotter mission on the 2nd server, let's see what it does :)
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Previous

Return to SYN Missions/Editor