Mission addons

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

Mission addons

Postby Waxworks » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:34 pm

It has often been noted that a thread where mission addons were posted would be useful. I'll try to put some routines and terrain addons here.

The first addon I've compiled is an attempt to make missions set in the Bethune-Lens sector seem more populated and more industrial. Those nice grassy perfectly formed hills are in fact slagheaps ho hum.. This image of Bruay aerodrome includes the background.

The additional terrain should import from file so that it is placed properly. The town of Bruay will need to be removed first, but I've tried to make the extra terrain fit what was already there.
Lensector.zip

File contents: Festubert, Choques, Le Croquet, Bruay with Fosse 1, 3 ,4 and 6, Coupigny, ruins representing Angres, Lievin, Cite Lievin and Cite St Pierre, Vaudricourt and the chateau with the British HQ, Noeux-les-Mines, Sains, Hulloch, Haisnes, La-Bassee, Herlies, Bauvin, Estevelles, Mericourt, Avion, Fosse de Lievin, Fosse 3, 4, 9 and 14, Fosse des Courrieres, Sallaumines, Noyelles, Cite St Emile, Cite St Auguste with brickworks, Acheville and Harnes.

This may seem extensive, but most of it is scarcely noticeable on the map. I find additional villages especially useful as start and end points for the new recces.
Waxworks

Re: Mission addons

Postby Waxworks » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:53 pm

No-one wants extra terrain then?

I find it invaluable for placing groups like artillery and for establishing recce routes. The map as it is misses many objectives in the actual fighting- like Oppy, Gavrelle, Fampoux, Roeux, Pelves and the notorious chemical factory in the Arras fighting. Also Arras itself and all the Hindenburg towns and villages should be in ruins. I have maps with this terrain on, but it would take extra effort to make groups available for download.

Another project of mine was to expand all the urban areas to proper sizes- as the Rheims map works, there would be no reason not to have Lens, for example, at its proper size? Something could be done about the rail network as well... However it seems no-one shares this vision!
Waxworks

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Very good Waxworks..this one must have slipped through somehow!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby Waxworks » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:20 am

Ruins in the north sector of the Hindenburg Line sector:
Hindenburgruins.zip

Towns that you have to replace with these ruined versions: Arras-Sailly-VisenArtois-FontainelesCroisilles-Croisilles-Bullecourt-RiencourtlesCagnicourt-Pronville-SaintLeger-VaulxVraucourt-Beugnatre-Velu-Bapaume-Warlencourt-Gouzeaucourt-Gonnelieu-Ronssoy-Nurlu-Moislains-Combles-Lechelle-Flers-Longueval-Fricourt

I've left some sheds at Bapaume and Arras intact because they might be useful as objectives.

Additional towns: ArleuxenGohelle-Oppy-Gavrelle-Roeux-Pelves-ChemicalFactory

These are additional ruins which were important to the Arras fighting, just beyond the German side of the lines. While they are fitted into the scenery, the backing texture is not there. Of course, the urban textures throughout the original map could do with an upgrade, like the rail network!
Waxworks

Return to SYN Missions/Editor