New Vintage mission

Vintage missions, tdm and mission editor discussion

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: New Vintage mission

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:01 pm

Just a report for you, Haash.

The server was spiking every 4 seconds from 1.5 mib/s to 3-4mib/s causing framerate and packet loss issues. The SPS was running at a constant 49.9/50.0 and all 60 or so pings were looking good.

It looked as though something might be spawning/dieing etc. Not had this one before.

Hope this helps.

J :)

P.S. think 100% fuel on camels is a bit too much :)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:24 pm

just looked and 76 online - wow - congrats Haash
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Yeh, you just booted me off the server :)

Full house now, running fine at 50.0 SPS

bout 2mib/s up to 4mib/s
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:30 pm

SYN_Jedders wrote:Yeh, you just booted me off the server :)

Full house now, running fine at 50.0 SPS

bout 2mib/s up to 4mib/s

No me, I was checking the online servers site :???:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Screenshot of those spikes. Let's compare with other missions. Might be useful for the devs!

SPS=50

Netmeter_Syndicate_70ppl.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Maybe related to AAA or maybe new ballons logic, which I dont like as its flares like 10 times!!! Maybe run it again some other day without the new ballons, AAA fixed and of course lower fuel loads :smile:

I will do it asap.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby Waxworks » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks for the new mission! It was good to see populated aerodromes.

While I hadn't seen any flak over the aerodrome when I was being shot down by a DR1, I saw some later- though the AA gun had started to shoot at a ground target? I have found that this is often caused by an nearby object left set to neutral rather than the appropriate side, its an easy mistake to make in ME. One change I hope they make in ME is to just leave out all these neutral factions, they cause far too many issues and we never get any use from them! Or at least not make them default...

Also, my preference would be to have the guns in dugouts rather as well as AAMGs, and the AAMGs nearer the field and the AA guns further away. The AA guns seem too much of a hazard when they are too near the aerodrome, and its too close for them to track.

The balloons firing several flares is more or less realistic, it takes several to send a message... However, they should have sight zones around them? I always like to have the balloons as an additional objective, they are fairly difficult to get.

While the principle of recce then target is a good one, I'm not sure about the element of switching from bombers to recces and back. It is simpler to have them both active..? You still couldn't recce a target then bomb it straight away, as the recce has to return... Perhaps you could activate bombers as well when the first target is photographed?

The Kaiserschlacht was a mobile battle and this seems a very static mission. How about a version where a successful recce would activate a column, retreating for the Entente and advancing for the Germans. The columns would reach a destination and despawn. Victory could depend on the total trucks or carriages destroyed in the time limit?
Waxworks

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:03 am

A lot of fun today Hash, thank you. Great turn out. Poor Spud and I never managed to complete a 2-seater mission though. :sad: Not your fault, not your fault...
:grin:

The balloons firing off 4 flares at a time, then 4 more flares of a different colour a few seconds later, and then more, seemed overboard. If this is 'realistic' it would be good to read the historic document on the subject, then I may be sold, otherwise...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:48 am

Like i said in chat, it was a beautiful mission and a huge hit!!!

Keep up the great work, Jed
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Damn, missed this one...

Can we add it to the regular rotation with some updates, or is it a very big map for VM nights only??
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to SYN Missions/Editor