Hello

Welcome to the SYNDICATE

Moderator: SYN Exec

Hello

Postby etzel » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:04 am

Hi, just registrated want to say hello to the community!

I'm flying RoF since about half an year; most of the time I'm just flying my career in Jasta Boelke (started Sept 2016) and till now (March 2017) only with the Alb II, Alb IIlt and Alb III. During the last days I started my first tries in online fights and also joined missions on your server, but since I am using navigation-, enemy- and friendly icons I simply was a little bit overstrained from your full realistic config ;-)

So I think I will fly more on the flying circus server but nevertheless I am very happy to see that there exists a server like yours with such realistic and historical accurate missions and would be glad if you not mind when such a noob like mine sometimes is joing your missions (at least to act as cannon fodder oder as a bait :lol:)

Best greets from vienna

Etzel (aka Reini IRL)
etzel

Re: Hello

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks for the comments and welcome!. Hopefully we will see you on the server again soon :)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Etzel,

Welcome!
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:02 am

Hi and welcome, jump on the server anytime you like, any skill level is welcome :smile:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby etzel » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Thx 4 the welcommings, surely will jump in from time to time ;-)
etzel

Postby SYN_Speck » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Welcome Etzel-

Also feel free to join us on teamspeak if you would like some help with learning navigating and identifying aircraft. It's much quicker to learn that way..

S~
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby etzel » Tue May 01, 2012 5:51 pm

yes, think I will install ts soon! But I wonder if it is allowed to use ts during the missions?
etzel

Postby SYN_Per » Tue May 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi mate!
Of course it is! We use it all the time. Welcome to the forums!
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby etzel » Tue May 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi again!
Just want to say thank you for supporting me during my tries right before on this evening!

Since obviously my more than 3-y-old PC is nearly up to the limit with playing ROF on your server in combination with teamspeak next time I will try reduce the graphic-level.
(I allready switched the individual skinns off and of course this helped, but not enough)

Have you any tips which parameters of the graphic settings have a good ressource-impact vs. graphic-impact relations? :wink:
E.g. I have set "landscape Mesh Qualitiy" on 100% and do not have any clue what is effect the of this setting for ressources and for the graphical quality....
:oops:

thx & best regards from vienna

Etzel / Reini
etzel

Postby SYN_Speck » Wed May 30, 2012 12:01 am

Hi Etzel - it was good to meet you on TS today. Hope you can get your hardware issues sorted so you can keep flying with us. It is worth turning down the settings some to make ROF run smoother in MP.

For graphic settings, for an older system here's what I would recommend trying in the ROF launcher graphics tab:

-under Post Effects, unclick all 4 boxes: supersampling, bloom, rain drops, high contrast all off. Then unclick Post effects box too.
-Landscape medium
-Shadows off
-Reflection off
-Textures medium
-Filter bilinear
-Shaders quality less than maximum
-light sources 4, or off

In the "advanced settings" section I think you should be OK with AA at 4, landscape mesh and objects visibility at 100. Uncheck Dither Vegetation and Multi-GPU.

If that works well, the first thing I would then try bumping up again would be the textures. Aside from shadows and reflections, though, that is probably the biggest resource hog. FWIW, even with a GTX580 I'm running with shadows & reflections off. Reflections seem to cause stutters for almost everyone, and don't make much difference in game appearence imo.

ROF should still look pretty good at these settings. I ran ROF with them with a GTX260 and a dual-core GPU for a year or more - that was many patches ago, though.

Let us know how it goes..
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to Welcome