Since you asked; all that snow! 2016

Welcome to the SYNDICATE

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Since you asked; all that snow! 2016

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Yeah, we have had that storm for two days now and you don't see us complaining......
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:41 pm

How many inches/cm did you get? And I don't remember complaining about it, though certainly much windging by the media here.
These are not northern peoples, they bring out winter parkas and head gear when I simply shift from shorts/T-shirts to pants and long sleeve shirts.

Officially our little town got 35 inches/89 cm in less than 24 hours likely because we are in a valley, so must be some localized 'drift' or Bernoulli effect on snow flake drop, but most other areas had about 24 inches. The infrastructure and budget is not here to handle that, they're more worried about crime and guns, and not doing a good job there either.

:shock:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:24 pm

It fell as rain couldn't measure it :lol:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Jedders » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:45 pm

Oh no!...white fluffy soft fun stuff has fallen out of the sky and now i have to not go to work and slide about with my kids in a rare "family" day which i would never dream of doing ordinarily....if it gets worse we will have to eat a reduced fat healthy meal and have a conversation in candlelight...just as well i am in all likelyhood living in society filled with overweight people and wont starve.

<3 `Muricans lol

~(you know im joking right?)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mugue » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:29 pm

Jed, YOU know, jokes are only really funny when based in truth. A nice zinger there. Well played Sir. :grin: :lol:

That was to be the other half of my rant, but I thought it might make me seem like an angry crank, that feels that he's been slighted by God when He gave someone else the snow I covet. So I left it out. :wink:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Just saw this a week and a half late :oops: We started out with about a half an inch of ice followed by 10 inches of snow on Friday and into Saturday. So I had a snow day Friday but it was back to work by Monday.
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Speck » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:56 am

Yawn... 120" of snow since January 1 at 9500' on the ski hill :mrgreen:

Granted, town is at only 6200', so much less than that for me to shovel. But the piles at the end of my driveway are tits-deep. Still, you don't hear much whining here. Just another January. :lol:
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Previous

Return to Public Bar