Way more than sun and beaches...

Welcome to the SYNDICATE

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Way more than sun and beaches...

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Now, which of the C islands is supposed to have a geological fault across a mountain/ridge that will eventually slip-slide into the sea and cause a devastating tsunami for the rest of the Atlantic coast?

A-Ha, http://www.lapalma-tsunami.com/tsunami.html
The basic research which was done is correct. That is not in dispute. There is a fault, some movement has been detected and there is a volcano which will probably erupt again.
BUT .....

Let's not go there as a squad until after it happens... :lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:55 pm

Cool, we need to send that image to the Daily Mail, that is just the sort of scare mongering they like to sell papers with.

I think we should boycott the Canary Islands until they repair their fault :lol:

Interesting read though and goes to show just how the media and social media can stir things up people are so gullible. Loved my week in Tenerife, headache every morning :grin:

"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:05 pm

No problem i'm a good swimmer! :lol:
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:47 pm

Maybe Haash can teach us to surf while we are there! :cool:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:39 pm

Bandy, look at Hesse pics of La Palma. The middle pic (the big one) is from La Caldera de Taburiente which is a National Park and UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, a geografic formation which I dont know how its called in English :lol: :lol: . Well the west side of that 2426m Montain is the one that will destroy all Atlantic coast and part of European, to be exact it will be the Cumbre Vieja Volcano but...If you are at the islands you are good to go :lol:

This topic have been study by all canary islands universities and also there are documentals about it made for Discovery Channel, here is a lil extracted from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKIQlysM7og

So Hesse...hurry up and come :lol:

@Skydance, I think is the biggest outdoors one in southern europe:

Also I know all canary islands are a beauty...even Tenerife (local rivality so do no say nothing :lol: ) of course I promote mine on top of all others but if anyone e.g. want to be alone in a beach then go here:
Image (Fuerteventura)

and if you want to hike in a small island with only 10584 habitants can go to El Hierro and stay in this 3* Hotel:

As you can see I could speak about the 7 Islands for days :wink:

P.S: I dont do surf...if anything I will do bodyboard in here but with smaller waves: (City beach):

P.S.2: As I see now you founded out that its mostly an exaggeration or a crazy theory if you want...that's happens when you don't read the post slowly enought :lol: :lol:
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:09 am

So beautiful!! I will come again hash..for sure (two times La Gomera and two times Teneriffa is not enough).

About the Cumbre Vieja:

Do you know the novel "Der Schwarm" (the swarm) of the german writer Frank Schätzing? In this novel the tsunami becomes reality. Most of this novel based on scientific research (but the story is pure fiction). Highly recommended!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Swarm_%28novel%29
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:34 am

I went out with a girl from Tenerife for a while, Beatrice Mendez. Great in bed but more than a handful out of it. Last time I heard from her she was involved in a money pyramid scheme and tried to hook me in. If you're reading this B how did that work out for you?

@ Haash, we call those geological formations caldera (LOL), the collapsed floor of a volcano when all the lava/ash is blown out, creating a circular valley. And yes, defo counting on some surfing lessons if/when the tsunami happens. Then I won't have to fly home; isn't that wave supposed to move at 600+ mph...?

Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:25 pm

I found some interesting documentaries about the canary islands and of course you guys know I couldnt do anything but post them :lol: :lol:

Cruises around the world: Canary Islands.

@Bandy you should take a look at Gran Canaria part.
@DerHesse, La Palma is there of course.

An absorbing documentary about the experience of eleven Inuit people during their fascinating trip to the Canary Islands. I actually did what the kid does when I moved to the USA.... :cry:

SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:00 pm

And now i got wanderlust! :mrgreen:
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Previous

Return to Public Bar