LET'S PLAY SQUAD! 2/20/2016

Welcome to the SYNDICATE

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: LET'S PLAY SQUAD! 2/20/2016

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:48 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:Well, this answered my question about private servers...
Throwing myself back into the fray of FPS online gameplay behaviour against guys who do nothing but play FPS is wearing thin on me.

But that is the same for all online gaming surely, I do not fly because its pointless as I am not keeping my skills up and lost the interest in being cannon fodder many years ago, the same goes for racing online too, but at least we get into a ranked raced if the numbers are high enough based on your earnt skill points in official races.

As to which game it is similar too, I don't really know TBH, probably Arma 3 but with more team work, if you can find a server with a team.

Here is a link to a guide which I think tries to get across the ethos behind the game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sPT1 ... FQVnM/edit

and the manual

http://downloads.joinsquad.com/Manual/S ... al_1_1.pdf
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:59 pm

As I typed that statement I was indeed thinking of our conversations Blackie and your situation with flight sims, how it really isn't fun if after getting past learning the game all you are is still a target. I don't need to be the best out there, no-no, but need to feel that I'm at least not a liability to my squadmates.

I was enjoying Arma with the rest of you, learning the game via coop missions (where you could mess up and still laugh with everyone), then onto the brutal MP scene and those paratrooper-type guys, but then we just stopped. Am I alone in liking to play a more relaxed coop? At least in the beginning?

Thanks for those links. Had a quick look, that Cheesy tactical guide is quite good, but perhaps overly optimistic about the general player focus and abilities of squad leaders you may encounter? Are the in-game mechanics so seamlessly good that communication isn't a problem? i.e. chat bar is really a crappy place to provide instructions or motivation.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:27 pm

The comms is VOIP, so you press B to talk to your own squad, V to talk to players near you which is really good as it is directional and volume depends on distance, also G for squad leaders to talk to other squad leaders.

The name of the transmitter/talker pops up, I have not yet seen anyone typing in chat.

Never played MP in Arma 3 just Coop.

I got bored in Arma, we just seemed to all jump in different vehicle or crash enroute after spending an age getting there, then rinse repeat, it was fun at the start but......
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:35 pm

SYN_Blackrat wrote:Haven't bought it :lol: very tempted though, the vids look good just reluctant as I have bought so many games and then no one plays them....

:cool:

I'll be on the sidelines just for the moment, my wife keeps asking about all the paypal withdrawls from her shopping account... :lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:37 pm

Oh I am not trying to talk you into it, I am not sure how good it will be either, if I get 30 hours out of it then its more than some other games I have bought.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:41 pm

Ha ha, don't get me wrong, I'm with you all the way on those one-play titles. But if this turns into something that the squad can get into regularly.
Just too bad it is all modern, otherwise I couldn't/wouldn't resist.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Its being modded into 1944 btw as we speak
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:10 pm

Well, that's good news!

Is this on the Squad webpage/news section, or... ?
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Previous

Return to Public Bar