I've been hiding...

Welcome to the SYNDICATE

Moderator: SYN Exec

I've been hiding...

Postby SYN_Flashman » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Hello! I've been hiding....

I've been busy with stuff and havent had much time for games recently. Kind of lost interest to be honest. Largely because I foolishly decided to learn to ride a motorbike.. then buy one. WInter is obviously the best time for that sort of thing. At least Im not fazed by riding in rain since Ive done so much of it!

Anyhoo, my new wheels.

12715654_1563423993977120_4899491302153052682_n.jpg

I decided to go with bright yellow since I spend so much time wearing Hi-viz anyway. Its Kawasaki Versys 650. Brand new. Passed my test and then took train directly to the dealers to pick it up!

ANyhoo, I'll be back nosing around. I'll have to put my gaming computer back in order before taking to the skies again (Still havent tried the summer BoS map yet!) but will do that soon.

Cheers!

Flashy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SYN_Flashman
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: I've been hiding...

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Welcome to the fold brother!

Here is my latest steed, just waiting for the weather to pick up, I swore never to ruin another bike on salty roads and I have done more than enough riding in the rain, my nick is not Blackrat for nothing :grin:

"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Flashman » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:14 pm

Ooh, nice! That'll go a lot faster than mine! Still, I dont want/need big power as Im still very much a novice. Just done a ride today with a mate, over 100 miles in all of country roads to Lake Bala in Wales and upto the Horseshoe pass (all local bikers go there!). Swooping bends and all that. Im terribly slow at corners, still havent the balls for proper leaning over. However only had the licence 9 days...

After learning in the winter and having to ride 40 miles there and back to the test centre in cold weather on a naked bike Im glad mine has a fairing. I quickly discovered anything over about 55mph on a naked bike was uncomfortable
SYN_Flashman
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:20 pm

SYN_Flashman wrote:Ooh, nice! That'll go a lot faster than mine! Still, I dont want/need big power as Im still very much a novice. Just done a ride today with a mate, over 100 miles in all of country roads to Lake Bala in Wales and upto the Horseshoe pass (all local bikers go there!). Swooping bends and all that. Im terribly slow at corners, still havent the balls for proper leaning over. However only had the licence 9 days...

After learning in the winter and having to ride 40 miles there and back to the test centre in cold weather Im glad mine has a fairing. I quickly discovered anything over about 55mph on a naked bike was uncofomfortable

Its the slower one (just 112hp), but take it easy, with time and experience things will flow, get a few easy miles under your belt and take a look at some advanced riding courses, as a car driver you will have road sense, but things happen a lot quicker on a bike and of course you are a lot more vulnerable.

If you venture south let me know :grin:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Flashman » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Ive got a Bike Safe course with local Plod in April and a mate is a Bike Cop so Im going to do some riding with him. Might well do an advanced course as well, get some extra learning in.

The training for your test is quite intense but it barely covers countryside riding, how to overtake and all that... i.e. the most dangerous stuff!

I've been taking it easy, I was much slower than my mate today but still getting to grips with the bike, riding etc etc. But yeah, Im sure I'll be heading south at some point, part of the reason for getting the Versys is thats its a good one up tourer.
SYN_Flashman
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:27 am

Ahh motorsickles!! They are one of those things I'd have liked to try, but it's probably just as well I've never had the chance. I'd likely love it so much I'd end up killing myself...And our roads are all busted up by winter and no money for repairs. It wouldn't be that safe to tear around at max velocity which I'd be sure to be doing. :lol:

Still, looks likes you both got some fun toys there.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:53 am

Welcome back Flashy! You guys got some nice bikes over there...and the color....I completely understand :)
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:48 pm

nice motorcycle Flashy!
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Return to Public Bar