Deliverance - Kickstarter Very Cool

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Deliverance - Kickstarter Very Cool

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:49 am

Yeah I think I spent not enough time in it to confirm that. It felt restricted at this point.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:44 am

Damn! I was about to pull the trigger on this last week but my wife changed the Paypal PW and then I forgot afterwards.

Now the price has gone up 4 days ago, $49.99 for lowest level. Maybe the price is going to go up further closer to full release? You never know.
Oh well.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:45 am

ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:59 am

Thanks Wolfie, that does give a good idea of how it needs some polish. Still, would be fun just to run around some and experience the landscape, it does look very fine, even if the AI is cardboard and glitchy at this time.

Worth the price of the beta admission? That's a personal choice, but it is well along the way and I'm going to go for it. Would be a lot of fun to play coop, but don't think it is possible.

EDIT: yep, I got it, sucker for a video of a beta... :lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri May 13, 2016 4:29 pm

OK, so downloaded the beta even though I should have known better after reading their forums some.

While it is a personal choice, but the lack of a third person view when just moving around started to give me motion sickness, and I RARELY get motion sickness. Had some for about a week flight simming until I tweaked my TIR curves. Also poor FPS in the unoptimized beta could be contributing...

Anyways, I don't make videos but found this up to date blog (May 11) that captures my experience today very well.
Funny, peculiar and ha-ha, I tend to hide the bodies when playing Skyrim (and similar) myself. Just getting in character I suppose...

There's a long way to go...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Speck » Fri May 13, 2016 8:34 pm

I guess it's got a ways to go yet, but the world they're creating does look beautiful.
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:13 pm

Last time I posted, I simply couldn't see them pulling this game off on time, so no big surprise, read below.
I think it will be a fine game with time, and if they listen to the community a little re: player choice on settings...

http://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/statement-about-the-release-date-discussion/28282
Dear Kingdom Come Deliverance community.

There was a lot of discussions about the release date during the last days, and now we want to go more into detail about the situation.
We at Warhorse Studios decided to postpone the final release date for Kingdom Come: Deliverance to achieve the quality we and our players expect. We want Kingdom Come: Deliverance to be an exceptional RPG and that requires exceptional treatment and polishing. Since the successful Kickstarter campaign, we have listened intently to the opinions of our fans and with the new language packs, we hope to get even more feedback that will help us deliver the best possible gaming experience. We believe that the result will be a great collective project and will be well worth the wait.

It’s always hard to make decisions like these and we are truly sorry if we disappointed some of our loyal fans. A new release date will be announced later this year, but is estimated for 2017. Thank you for your support.

[Published on Mar 14, 2016] This guys play style is migrated directly from GTA, though he seems to be having fun in this era.
Watch till the last fight in the church attic, you can see how the sword combat is really coming along and is going to be tres cool.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:38 am

Just my usual one-man update rant on D-KC... Is anybody else out there?

Very nice in-game visuals of the melee combat, and must see aspects of the clothing layer system.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:55 am

What no date still? But they have Brian Blessing!
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Skydance » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:27 pm

I got this ages ago but got bored with asking the characters loads of questions (it's not my thing) I just wanted to jump straight into combat. I think the highlight of this for me was when I got the horse stuck in a villagers house :lol:

The graphics are very good and the world is amazing. The layers of armour, as shown in the video Bandy posted, it incredible work.
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

PreviousNext

Return to New Games