Verdun is out on Steam

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Verdun is out on Steam

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:23 am

http://steamcommunity.com/games/242860/ ... 6483421911

http://www.verdungame.com/

It's an FPS set in WW1. My first impression is that it feels a lot like Red Orchestra, which is a good recommendation. Action is pretty fast and online only. Should be good with a small SYN team. :)
I just read some free expansions (maps) have been announced...

http://steamcommunity.com/games/242860/ ... 6483421911
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Re: Verdun is out on Steam

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:40 am

I read a review by a player last year, so must have been early access? His take on it at that time is that the leveling-up process grants you access to better firepower. Not abnormal.

However, during early access/beta testing it was near impossible to even stand a chance against an established opposition/squad. Random players looking for action were thrown together against these squads. Hope match making has changed some, otherwise it could be an exercise in frustration.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:50 am

I had a go at it yesterday and it is fun, hard as hell but fun. I got to kill some guys but running across nomanland was deadly.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:04 am

SYN_Haashashin wrote:I had a go at it yesterday and it is fun, hard as hell but fun. I got to kill some guys but running across nomanland was deadly.

I have the same experience, but getting killed quickly conforms with my idea of a WW1 battle :). Not sure about the current match making routine, but balancing was okay when I joined.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:18 am

Played a bit with Vorli yesterday...we got Pwned WW1 stylie :P lol
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Flashman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:45 pm

It is worth getting? Doe Track IR work? I already have too many games...
SYN_Flashman
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Ah, the bloody German Fritz's would have all the best weapons (think whiz-bangs!) and comfiest trenches, not to mention regular beer, sausage and sauer kraut. Christmas trees during the holiday season, etc. etc.

What would the poor blighter Tommies get? A rum ration watered-down by your supply sargent, a worn out Enfield picked from the mud, a sheep skin vest and pig-gut condom to re-use amongst friends. Maybe a Lewis gun at division level. Luxury.

I'm telling you, it's hopeless ...

:lol:

A short down'n'dirty video

This guy doesn't shut up, but says really interesting things... and is quite a shot!
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri May 01, 2015 8:51 am

Yesterday we sprinted across no mans land in our squad with Jedders, Jazzy, Haash, mrWolf and yours truly. After a couple of rounds we were getting the hang of it and didn't die every 5 seconds :). I think it's quite fun as an "instant action" game. Teamplay is quite important (you are always part of a squad which you can define on the spot) and I like the fact that you have to switch quickly between attack/defend/counter attack etc. Maybe we can somehow copy this in a RoF/BoS mission!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri May 01, 2015 11:26 am

There is a 4 license special for $50, so the game would be only $12.50 each if three others are interested. Only until May 5th though.

I'm willing to pick this 4-pack up and hand out the keys, and only ask that you donate the equivalent amount to the server/Vander's server fund, as the case may be.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_LennysCopilot » Fri May 01, 2015 11:36 am

SYN_Bandy wrote:Ah, the bloody German Fritz's would have all the best weapons (think whiz-bangs!) and comfiest trenches, not to mention regular beer, sausage and sauer kraut. Christmas trees during the holiday season, etc. etc.

What would the poor blighter Tommies get? A rum ration watered-down by your supply sargent, a worn out Enfield picked from the mud, a sheep skin vest and pig-gut condom to re-use amongst friends. Maybe a Lewis gun at division level. Luxury.

:lol:

Don't forget the odd tin of rancid bully beef.
SYN_LennysCopilot
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Next

Return to New Games