Verdun is out on Steam

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Verdun is out on Steam

Postby SYN_Macus » Fri May 01, 2015 6:21 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:There is a 4 license special for $50, so the game would be only $12.50 each if three others are interested. Only until May 5th though.

I'm willing to pick this 4-pack up and hand out the keys, and only ask that you donate the equivalent amount to the server/Vander's server fund, as the case may be.

I'm in

SYN_Macus
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Skydance » Fri May 01, 2015 11:36 pm

I bought "Verdun" when it was early access. It was a bit clunky then and hard as hell to hit anything. I couldn't find where I had downloaded it to so I had to buy it again. I must say that it is a lot smoother now and far easier to hit an enemy. The maps do look awsome and they are not all just trenches.
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm

OK, I picked up the Verdun 4-pack, which I could swear was on sale til May 5th, but was not on sale when bought it today, May 5th. We'll see about that says me!
Yeah, I know, dealing with steam (little 's') is a freaking joke. :lol:

Anyways, Macus and Speck spoke up for one of the keys. Anyone interested in the last key?
I only ask that you make a donation to your squadron's server fund, in this case $14 equivalent and save yourself $8 from full game price. A deal too good to be true, eh?

Let me know.

PS: anyone know how to gift these keys? I don't want to fek up and give them to some wanker in S. Africa by mistake, you know what I mean... :roll:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Belmont » Wed May 06, 2015 11:09 am

Edit.
After seing some gameplay video, i don't really like the gameplay :sad:
Beside, Project Cars is out tomorrow so i'll probably stick to that :)
SYN_Belmont
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:08 am

I picked up one of Bandy's keys and have been playing a bit. I'm not really a big fan of fps games but I gotta say this one is kinda fun. I die. All of the time. I have though taken a few bad guys out with me. I had one round where I almost had as many kills as killed! For me that was a major achievement. :lol:
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Skydance » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:03 am

I had a couple of matches last night. I created a new squad called "The Syndicate" so that I could practice as an NCO. As NCO you are armed with a pistol and a pair of binoculars. It takes two hits with a pistol to kill an enemy (unless it is a headshot) and the binoculars call rally points and mortar strikes.

I think that this game has taken over as my number one fps from Red Orchestra.
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:17 am

I know Skydance plays late into the night (sometimes :wink: ), so maybe he can host a rally sometimes where the N.Amer's can attend and teach us the ropes.

Have to admit, I HATE the rotating map. Its like it's designed to get you lost, really, who the fek rotates a map besides a woman!??!! I feel a 'Bandy' post coming on...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:45 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:...really, who the fek rotates a map besides a woman!??!! I feel a 'Bandy' post coming on...

:lol: :lol: Yeah, I hate that too. I never know where I am.
Verdun is good fun when in a squad.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:43 am

Verdun is good fun when in a squad.[/quote]

as today proved to me! Great fun with 3 syn squads running around. Now if we can just figure out how to be half way decent! :lol:
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:23 am

Hey Mike,

As I understand TIR does not work but suppose we can get by without it in a FPS. BUT if I heard you correctly yesterday you said, "Good luck" re: remapping Verdun keystrokes. Please tell us what you tried to do and any outcome.

Would hate to hit my head against the wall if somebody else has already done it and got bloody...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to New Games