Verdun is out on Steam

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Verdun is out on Steam

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:29 pm

AND Wolfie, you have the phone number of the Verdun developers?
Give those guys a call and let them know what we think of their game. :cool:

Its a lot of fun to be sure, but the damn rotating map has to go, and the suicide retribution for taking a step off the map boundaries REALLY sucks (the freaking map just doesn't help orient you), especially when you know you are back in the game zone before the countdown ends, but it STILL kills you. Vander witnessed my suicide while well into the game zone, the game engine/mechanic is merciless.

Then there is the "Get back to defend or die in a minute" turn of events. As somebody mentioned, we might as well just sit in NML and pick off a few Hun, let the game kill you and respawn in a safe area in the trench.

So many more... :roll:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Skydance » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:00 pm

Yeah, I must admit running back to your trench line normally gets you shot in the back.

Also it penalises those who have advanced the furthest the most, with having a longer distance to run back to their trench.

Better to die a hero and stand and fight to the death.
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Well I went to the key mapping page but every time I clicked on what I wanted to remap it would assign the mouse key I used to click on as that new key stroke! For instance if I wanted to change the crouch command to something else I would right or left click on crouch and then the keystroke for crouch would be right mouse key!

SYN_Bandy wrote:Hey Mike,

As I understand TIR does not work but suppose we can get by without it in a FPS. BUT if I heard you correctly yesterday you said, "Good luck" re: remapping Verdun keystrokes. Please tell us what you tried to do and any outcome.

Would hate to hit my head against the wall if somebody else has already done it and got bloody...
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Flashman » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Perhaps im grumpy tonight but had a quick 40 mins on this and I have declared it to be probably one of the worst FPS games Ive played. The gameplay actively encourages spawn camping. Irritates the shit out of me.
SYN_Flashman
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:22 am

Well, I suppose this only happens towards end-game when when one side is pushed to the extreme rear lines. I wonder what they could do to resolve it. Put in dynamic spawn locations perhaps? Such as alternating right side, then left, then middle rear spawn points, but suppose they all could be covered.

If a side is able to do that, cover all the end-game spawn points, then I suppose they deserve to win. In that case the battle should simply be wrapped up rather than create such frustration and prolong the embarrassment.

Verdun is still in development and I think you should post your experience in their steam forum. Not sure but think the devs are pretty responsive. Maybe Wolfie should give them a call...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:36 pm

Maybe give this one another go? Massive new update out:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/242860/ ... 7120934039
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:39 am

Im up for that....anyone around tonight?...
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:16 am

I'll likely get home from work too late, but maybe on the weekend?

Introducing a coop mode, hmmm... could be a nice way to warm up and avoid the spawn campers.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:22 pm

I'll check in tonight. Let's see what the update is about... :cool:
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Sorry, I got side-tracked!
SYN_Vander