Project Cars

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Project Cars

Postby SYN_Mugue » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:52 am

Have any of you guys figured out if/how to get TrackIR working with PC? It works with all the other driving games I have...just say'n. Or is it considered an "overlay" and is therefore verboten? (I'll try looking on the steam forums, but that usually leads nowhere.)

It feels very strange to drive with my head welded to my shoulders. I'm breaking my neck trying to check my mirrors.

EDIT: Never mind. Found it! I needed to cycle through the views until I got to the helmet camera. :oops:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:57 am

Correct. It's also possible to show a mirror as overlay though...just depends on how "realistic" you want your driving experience to be!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 am

Experiencing Blackie's complete set up (cup holders for pints!), I can never go back to a table-top wheel.

How's that for elitist?

:lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:11 am

have to admit, since I started racing again I've been thinking about something like this:

:grin: :grin: :grin:
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:51 pm

I have finally received my video card again, so I can get back into (sim) gaming again!
I have played Project Cars on the PS4 the last 2 months, so I tried it again on the PC. Man, this game ROCKS! I started a career season in Endurance racing with an LMP 2 car. The first race was at Watkins Glen and I never realized what a brilliant road track that is! Great flow, high speed turns and elevation changes.
For those that do not know: Endurance racing is multi class so you'll have both GT cars (slower) and LMP1 cars (faster) on the track. This makes for a great race, because even if you are #1, you will still need to take over cars all the time. With Track Ir and the helmet cam (I turned off the helmet btw) you really feel like sitting in the car. The race simulates 12 hours of racing so you'll see the light change and everything. In the end I raced almost an hour in real time! Of course we also have flights in RoF/IL2 that last maybe this long, but racing means you are concentrated 100% of the time. It's really exhausting and you will have lost a lot of sweat when the race is finally done!

Go try it if you can. Would be nice if you could do an endurance race as a team?

My next race is at Sonoma Raceway (which I hate!).
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:10 pm

Go borrow Wolfie's CV1 Rift, then you can be wowed :grin:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Why do I get the feeling that you'll have to pry those out of Wolfie's 'cold dead hands' after fighting off his kids. :lol:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Ha ha..I am not that aggresive! You know I am a vr missionary....we can always arrange something :)
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Previous

Return to New Games