@Jed How is Squad "The Game"?

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: @Jed How is Squad "The Game"?

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:33 pm

I remember the game we had with Wolfie and Haash, Rep. I didn't say much because we were also professional like :wink: , but I really liked it. It has the same pace and team based action as ARMA III, but without the stutters and weird bugs. We should try it again as a team soon. This Sunday perhaps?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Repent » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:27 pm

yer it was really good, lets get together and do it soon.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:39 pm

As soon as I get my internet and PC at my new place, will join for sure. I do not speak much neither, mostly cus Im scare of all that shooting not knowing what the hell is going on and trying to keep myself alive, and its not something I do very good :lol:
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:24 am

Sorry but in my opinion this game is far away from being playable! Not worth the 30,-Euro!

Graphics are totaly bugged, not able to spot someone far away because of strange blur effects. Sniper class without sniper optics, not able to shoot someone at 1000m or so. Vehicles are bugged. Also the feeling of the mouse is a joke. All the time the mouse sensitivity is changing. No precision aiming is possible!

A no go for me. I will wait and take a look in 6 month if it makes any progress. I have the felling that it get more worse than better with the time. :sad:
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Hey Der Hesse,

Are you sure there isn't something with your computer i think, because I don't recognise what you are saying. I mean..it doesn't have battlefield 1 graphics, tho for this style of tac shooter it is very decent.

Did you see similar artifacts with people playing on youtube?
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Repent » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:42 pm

mine runs sweet as a nut now, with everything turned up full, its a great game too.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:50 am

SYN_MrWolf wrote:Hey Der Hesse,

Are you sure there isn't something with your computer i think, because I don't recognise what you are saying. I mean..it doesn't have battlefield 1 graphics, tho for this style of tac shooter it is very decent.

Did you see similar artifacts with people playing on youtube?

Hi Wolf!

No i'm not sure. I have a strange blur view. Only in squad. This started some updates before. Before everything was fine. There is a option to turn blur off, but it is off at default. I googled that problem with no success. I played with the AA settings. Nothing helped me. So i thought it must be a bugg.
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:34 pm

@DerHesse What are you running Amd or Nvidia?

I am running a 980 TI..which gives me no problems whatsoever.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:33 am

I'm running a Nvidia GTX770 4GB with always latest driver. I think that is a bad optimization thing that depends to my system. I have win7 64bit ultimate and a i5-750@4Ghz.

Another thing that pisses me off with squad are the extreme long startup times. It takes me several minutes to start the game!! That's much to long in my eyes. Also the mouse sensitivity settings are always default if i start the game. I have always to set them back. And if you change the server you have always to readjust because the sensitivity is always changing. For me the game is to unfinished and bad optimized for a 30,-Euro price. There is much potential but i be afraid that the devs are not able to keep the pace.

Insurgency is a much better deal with 16Euro!!!

And i really miss some features in squad that i really like about arma 3. Real ballistics, zeroing sights, TrackIR support, more movement options, more weapon customization.

I'm curious if the Insurgency devs will do a better job if the new insurgency sandstorm comes out that is also running on the unreal 4 engine. Also the new breaking point stand alone will use the unreal 4 engine. Then i will have something to compare.
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:34 am

Well imo you can't compare Insurgency with Squad. Insurgency is more in the Counterstrike style.

I still love Arma..tho Squad gives me ( besides the long loading times :) ) a fast way to do some teamplay. With proper radio communications.

Ofcourse you can do this in Arma as well..but then you need hassle with mods and put time in finding the right communities.

Give it some time it's still work in progress...and maybe upgrade your card :) Maybe we should do some teaming up then.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to New Games