@Jed How is Squad "The Game"?

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: @Jed How is Squad "The Game"?

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:56 am

SYN_DerHesse70 wrote:I'm running a Nvidia GTX770 4GB with always latest driver. ...

I'm likely in minority opinion here, but upgrading to latest driver is not always a good idea, especially with older GPU. And yes, the 770 is now an old GPU. Do not get me wrong, I also prefer to use my hardware to its full potential over several years.

This is my just my opinion/thinking here, but consider that nvidia is spending the vast majority of development time on their latest technology and driver optimization for the newest cards. How much time do you think they actually spend making sure the latest drivers are going to be an improvement for older cards?

Yes, most of the last generation cards have the same or similar architecture so new drivers may benefit, but what about significant changes between generations of GPU? It is almost 4 years since the 770 was released.

I strongly suspect that the latest nvidia drivers are not tested for optimization on a 770, other than making sure it still renders when powered up. If you dig online perhaps you can find out which older driver is the most stable for 770 and gives expected render results.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Yes i know bandy. My card is old. But it still performs very good. I play ARMA 3 maxed out with good fps (average 40 to 60) !! Maybe i will get no benefit from the newest driver but i also feel no disadvantage.

My next step up on this old system will be a bigger card, more and faster RAM, SSD and more overclocking. But my rig is also 6 years old (without new installation)!! :wink: When star citizen comes out i will build a new rig. :mrgreen:

@Wolf:

I don't give up on squad. I will wait what the time will bring. I'm always open for good teamplay in ARMA 3 or squad. Mostly the only problem is my little son and the time. :wink:
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Played it again last saturday after weeks. The blur view is gone. I think they patched it away. :wink: Much better performance meanwhile! Much better mouse sensitivity now.
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Previous

Return to New Games