Ubisoft -- UPlay

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Ubisoft -- UPlay

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:18 pm

I've read some really nasty things about UPlay and was wondering what your opinion is.

To be honest I am quite loath to install yet another bloated DRM app, steam was an unpleasant enough but necessary evil for me, and UPlay is only for Ubisoft products anyways, right? It is enough for me to boycott all their products, not that they'll notice.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Re: Ubisoft -- UPlay

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:56 pm

;) I love steam..but agree UPlay is freaking annoying. It's another level on top of other systems like steam.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:23 pm

Yea I wasn't happy when I had to sign in to that to play Far Cry. If I had known, maybe I wouldn't have bought the whole franchise Pack on sale. :oops: Of coarse, that was my own fault for not reading more closely. But recently I had to agree to a whole NEW ulea to keep access to those games. :|

I wish that when a company wants to change the ulea out from under you. You had the option to get your money back if you didn't like/agree to the changes. I mean, in what other aspect of life are contracts so one sided and ridiculous? :evil: Welcome to the future Mugue! :roll:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:53 pm

I really do not have a problem with Steam or Uplay TBH, in fact steam has been a bonus as I don't have to buy a DVD with a game on anymore, its instant.

As for ULEA s they mean absolutely nothing in law, just a way for the company to cut your access to servers/game.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:45 pm

Yeah, I really want to pick up FarCry Primal, but I'm just not going to do it...

:lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Return to New Games