Battlefield 1

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Battlefield 1

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:20 am

For some strange reason I bought it. :shock:

Very pretty, great effects and an arcade game, Quake like on line play, hoping to actually learn maps and tactics for this one :lol:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Re: Battlefield 1

Postby SYN_Skydance » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:20 pm

I've been wondering about this one. I know it's not very realistic......but then again I play "Boom Beach" and it does look fun.
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:40 pm

SYN_Skydance wrote:I've been wondering about this one. I know it's not very realistic......but then again I play "Boom Beach" and it does look fun.

Forget realism, this is pure gaming, I have been playing a lot of Arma 3 lately for realism also just bought a month of Steel Beasts which is a pure tank sim, if you fancy a fps with a twist of fantasy and great special effects then its a candidate. :smile:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Skydance » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Ok. I just bought it on Origin but it's a 49GB download :shock: That's a bit too much for my 50GB per month EE mobile broadband allowance.

I'm now getting 2.8Mbps through my BT landline connection, so connecting to that would take forever.

I don't really want to cart my rig to work but it would download a lot quicker there.
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:06 am

SYN_Skydance wrote:Ok. I just bought it on Origin but it's a 49GB download :shock: That's a bit too much for my 50GB per month EE mobile broadband allowance.

I'm now getting 2.8Mbps through my BT landline connection, so connecting to that would take forever.

I don't really want to cart my rig to work but it would download a lot quicker there.

If you can install origin at work you can download it, copy the folder \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1 to a USB stick or USB drive and take it home, I did that from one computer to another at home, then click on the origin at home and download, it doesn't download, just checks the files and installs.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Oh well, that was pretty short lived, the online was pretty much a negative experience, got a refund.

Skydance you can get one within 24hours of launching or 7 days of buying it.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Skydance » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:05 pm

I have 500GB external hhd that I was going to take into work to put it on.

What's the pilot story mode like?
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:27 am

SYN_Skydance wrote:I have 500GB external hhd that I was going to take into work to put it on.

What's the pilot story mode like?

Very Linear, leveling up sort of thing, very much an arcade game, but it kept crashing for me at the same point due to a graphic driver error, I have the latest drivers too, so never got very far. Did a repair install as I had other issues too, they went away but I never got around to trying the campaign again. I am sure I would have had fun but not 50 quids worth, will wait until the price is more reasonable and the bugs/balance sorted out and take another look. It is very pretty and lots of great explosions..... :razz:
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:36 am

SYN_Blackrat wrote:Oh well, that was pretty short lived, the online was pretty much a negative experience, got a refund.

:eek:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:02 pm

wow that went quick! Love the graphics..but that's about it. I will skip this one.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to New Games