Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Postby SYN_Skydance » Tue May 30, 2017 11:07 pm

There isn't many games that get your heart pumping quite like "Playerunknown's Battlegrounds"

I've only played a few solo matches but I'm loving it. It must be awesome as a duo or squad match.

For those that don't know about PUBG, here is how it goes......

In "solo match" you, and about 90 others, get dropped out of airplanes that fly over an island, with pretty much just your parachute and the clothes that you are wearing. You choose when to jump and where you want to land. After controlling your character to your chosen landing spot you immediately need to search buildings for guns, ammo, clothing, medi-packs, rucksacks and anything else that will help you survive (or f*ck someone up)

I'm not sure if finding a frying pan is best used as an attack weapon or whether carrying it, on your belts, stops you getting shot in the arse!!!

Once you've grabbed some gear you need to start making your plans on how you are going to head to centre of a randomly chosen zone. This zone gets smaller, reasonably quickly, as the game goes on, sending all the surviving players in to a kill zone. You will come across cars, bikes and buggies to help you on your way.

The players start to drop off until the last man is standing. My highest score so far is within the last 20 out of 90, and believe you me, my heart was racing because once you're dead you're dead.

I'm not quite sure how the duo or squad team battles work. Can someone enlighten me?

Check it out here. http://www.playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Postby SYN_Repent » Wed May 31, 2017 6:57 am

Glad your enjoying it skydance.....

Duo or Squad games work the same really, whomever is left alive at the end wins, it can be just one team member though
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Wed May 31, 2017 5:45 pm

That's not true.. you can win as a duo and thus both survive. I saw it .....in another video ;) Now we need to do it for once.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Skydance » Wed May 31, 2017 7:31 pm

I'm up for a duo or squad match tonight
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Skydance » Wed May 31, 2017 9:01 pm

OMG... talk about heart pounding!!!

Just got into the top 10 and then ended up coming 4th out of 94.

It can't be good for my blood pressure :oops:
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:31 am

Maybe you can provide a doctor's note and get a refund?

:grin:

Sry, you opened the door...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jazzy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:27 pm

its a awsome game , been waiting for this for ages. H!Z! was like a teaser but never lived uo to what it could have been. Always about playing 2s and 4s most days. Jed just got into this game also. It has the best elements of arma and fps games combined. Well worth the price tag. Hit me up in the syn_ steam group for some games if interested. Played some with Wolf and he loves it.
SYN_Jazzy
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:56 am

Maybe time this game gets its own forum? Seems to be popular.

So, I'm reading FAQs, reviews and such, and found some things that could be discussed.

http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/25335-faq/
Custom Game mode lets players define their own game parametres (weapons spawn rate, weather, team sizes, etc). During Early Access, we will have Custom Games on private servers available for our partners and select communities. We will expand the reach of this program once the core system is working well.

Is there a ping or region Lock? Some version of this will be in place.
Will you add a reconnect feature? This is still in the discussion stage.
Is there skill based matchmaking? Yes. An early version of our skill-based matchmaking system is already in the game.

Is there bullet penetration?
There is currently no bullet penetration in-game but it is something we’re potentially adding in the future.

However, according to several reviews by people with over 100 hours in game, apparently there is an easy way for players to cheatcode on client side by having bullets penetrate when yours can't.

Its addictive at the start but all the flaws start to show the longer you play.
- Client side hit registration
- High ping advantage
- Glitchy as hell physics
- Horrible game hosting (virtual?) servers
Though honestly the big killer is how much of the game is run on client side.

I took the plunge because my friends were loving it and hyped. But after a few hours, everyone kinda saw how buggy and terrible it felt to play. The fun part is always about the hunt and resource gathering/management. But the execution is ♥♥♥♥ing abyssmal.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:59 am

So as mentioned in TS with others, if I'm playing with the squad on an EU server, it's looking like it won't be the best experience with my N. American ping... I really felt this 'pain' with Verdun.

I suspect if Vorli is playing this game with EU players he may be able to comment.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Well speaking out of experience playing this game with Vorli and others. Not sure how their server choosing algorithm works..tho if there were connection problems..I had maybe more occasions then Vorli. We all had the same share of lost connection moments I think.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to New Games