Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:38 pm

Actually, on reflection, the context/setting of the game kinda makes a little sense to have a few zombies about the abandoned buildings here and there, rather than just completely vacant. They need to be uncommon.

It would also provide more of a reason to carry a machete or other H-2-H weapon, so you don't blast the zombies and telegraph your position to other players. The zombies should go down easily, not be too much of a burden, unless they surprise you and sink in an attack from behind... Just thinking. :mrgreen:

That said, they could really mess up and go overboard with them in-game, and that balance may be hard to find.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Sorry Mugue, posted my zombie re-considerations before I knew you put up your AAR. That was real smart, and of course with some luck it all works out.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:46 am

Most of you very familiar with default keys, but below are a few others you may not know***, AND a way to split an inventory item, such as giving half your stack of ammo...
However, if memory serves, splitting didn't work when we tried, right?

When rebinding keys, make sure all slots have been bound to a key in order to be able to APPLY settings.

Hold right click and E or Q - changes the camera view for Right Click ADS
Hold left click after shooting - Gun will stay scoped in so you can watch where your bullet lands
X - Puts away all equipped items
Hold SHIFT - Hold breath when scoped, will also zoom in slightly if you are not scoped
CTRL + Right click or drag - Split items
= is Auto run
Right click tap brings out Iron sights/ADS
Holding right click will zoom in aim
Looking down with your mouse while swimming will take you deeper
Looking straight down with your mouse and pressing W while parachuting will help you get to max speed 230km/h. Parachute will deploy lower and you will lose less speed when deployed.
7,8,9,0 are the default keybindings for medical and boost items.
You can switch between different types of grenades by pressing 5 multiple times
CTRL + T - Voice chat mute/unmute
CTRL+U - Toggle UI
Ctrl+1,2,3,4,5 = Move vehicle seating positions.
Holding ALT while running or ADS will let you free look around your character
Page Up / Page Down - Change zeroing parameters on 4x scope
Press B for firing mode change. tap B to toggle between single shot and multiple shots.

***Hitting Tab when approaching loot gives you a list of all loot in the vicinity from which you can choose (R Click), instead of picking up item-by-item with F.

***Pressing right click with grenade in hand allows you to underhand your throw. Useful in close range fights
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:07 am

SOUND
http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/31955-still-cant-figure-out-where-im-getting-shot-from/

That being said even with 5.1 speakers the directional sounds don't always appear to work and mostly seems like a basic 2 channel stereo setup with simulated surround sound. I do not think this game supports full 5.1 or higher currently tbh

Strange, I definitive have 5.1 sound using my Creative Soundblaster card's virtually surround implementation. I can easily differentiate between stuff in front and behind me while wearing normal headphones. In general I would highly recommend this over 5.1 headphones which suck in general.

Anyway, I could imagine that the game only outputs surround when you have set your audio adapter to 5.1 instead of 2.0 in the Windows settings, like many games these days. Maybe it also requires that you have a 5.1 audio adapter set to the primary adapter.

Don't know WTF the last comment is referring to, but going to look into it in my system prefs...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:24 am

Wolf, his friend Desposible, Spud and I had a bit of success. :grin:
For once, I actually made the clutch shots at the end of the match. (proof anyone can get lucky once in a while!) :cool: :lol:
and yea, that's right, I only had 9 bullets left at the end.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Skydance » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:22 am

Nice one guys
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:16 am

Excellent results!
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:14 am

Winning a Solo Game by ONLY using a Car (NO WEAPONS)

Well edited, very entertaining, worth the few minutes for a good laugh...

Imagine what we could do in squad action with 4 cars!
:lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Skydance » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:15 pm

:lol:
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds Update Out Today...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-update-out-today-for-/1100-6451424/

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds has a new update out today on its PC public test server, bringing with it a bunch of bug fixes and small improvements.

Specifically, you can no longer exit a vehicle that is blocked all the way round, and tire effects will change immediately when a vehicle moves onto a different type of surface. Elsewhere, the game's UI performance has been improved, and a south-east Asia server has been added.

Take a look at the full patch notes at the bottom of this article. The update is out today on Battlegrounds' test server, and it will likely drop on Thursday, July 6, "if everything is stable."

Looking ahead, a new, desert-themed map is on the way for Battlegrounds, along with a snowy arena set in the Adriatic region. No release date has been announced for either map, but the former was recently shown off for the first time.

Developer Bluehole announced the new maps at E3 2017, where it also showcased a new weapon--the short-to-medium range OTS rifle--and improved traversal animations. More weather effects are also on the way, along with mod support further down the line.

The other Battlegrounds news from E3 was that the title is coming to Xbox One as a "console launch exclusive" later this year. It has so far reached 3 million players on PC, where it remains in Early Access.

Finally, the battle royale title will soon add a new Zombies mode, in which players can control the undead and attempt to overcome their human enemies. ...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to New Games