Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Postby SYN_Skydance » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:14 pm

How was your first squad rumble Bandy?

Let's have a AAR, please!!!
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:42 am

It was all new and exciting. The first few deployments had bad luck with looting and didn't end well (in fact all of them didn't end well :lol: ) but for a few we were in the last handful of squads. Mostly I was killed without firing a shot or seeing my attacker, and hoping that was just my noobishness with the game.

Highlights:
Vander bludgeoning somebody to death in the first minute.

I got my first kill to save Repent (yeah!), but then went to heal him and PUBG crashed (%$#@@!).

Running into a small shack filled with four guys all aiming at the door.

Seeing Vorli styling in a big afro (you know you have to pay to get rid of it now, right?)

Oh, did I mention Vander bludgeoning somebody to death in the first minute? :grin:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:00 pm

http://www.pcgamer.com/this-interactive-map-makes-it-easy-to-remember-where-the-damn-plane-went-in-battlegrounds/
If you've played for long enough, you've definitely found yourself desperately trying to remember which angle the plane that everyone parachutes from crossed the map. It's an important piece of information, since knowing which buildings were near the flightpath lets you determine how likely they are to be already looted or, much worse, whether they might house campers waiting to murder you.

Fortunately 'stiknork' on Reddit has finally done something about the problem. Their website, http://www.planepath.net/, provides an interactive map with a bevy of useful tools including the ability to quickly trace the plane's flightpath so you can easily remember which areas of the map are going to be dense with enemy players. Not only that, but it also shows which common vehicle spawns fall under that flightpath, and shows the limits of how far players can parachute away from the plane.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Up and coming...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:10 am

"Out of memory" bug, very random, but at least I'm not alone...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/578080/discussions/1/135513901701638808/
This was mentioned...
First you should add this to the launch options if you don't have it already:
-malloc=system

....So started looking around at PUBG launch options. Of course, your mileage may vary...
http://indieobscura.com/article/1086/best-launch-options-for-playerunknowns-battlegrounds

Adjusting Battlegrounds Launch Options

Open notepad and begin to construct a string with the following properties and adjust the bold text to suit your needs.

-refresh 144

This will force the refresh rate and the above would only apply if you play on a 144hz monitor. Adjust the number to accommodate your setup.

-maxMem=13000

This controls the maximum amount of RAM to allocate to the game. If you have 16GB of RAM and wish to allocate 13GB, then the input you’d place after the equal sign would be 13000.

-malloc=system

This will let your operating system decide the amount of memory to use while the game is running. Since the game is not optimized yet, allowing your system to control this will improve gameplay significantly.

-USEALLAVAILABLECORES

This does exactly as it specifies. This will ensure that all of your CPU cores are being used while running PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.

-sm4

If you’re still having a difficult time running the game then add this to your current Steam launch options. This will change shading from DirectX 11 to DirectX 10. It won’t look as stunning, but it should run a bit more smoothly.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:26 am

http://indieobscura.com/article/1325/longest-confirmed-sniper-kill-with-pubg-map-for-scale--3450-meters-2-miles

A Canadian sniper recorded the longest kill in shooting history [3,450 meters = 2 miles for metrically challenged]. How far away is that on the PUBG map?

Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:50 am

All Weapons and Stats in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
http://indieobscura.com/article/1037/all-weapons-and-stats-in-playerunknowns-battlegrounds

Apparently very little difference b/t 9mm and .45 ACP hand gun/machine gun, and in fact marginal difference b/t those pistol rounds and 7.62 or 5.56 mm assault rounds [not sniper versions tho]... IMHO that's just wrong, but this page is 2 months old now so game may be rebalanced currently. Still, a good reference to ponder your choices.

nōdə ˈbenē: Shotguns seem to be well worth hanging onto as a secondary weapon for those in-house firefights.

Compare:

Have never seen one of these on the map yet... Apparently only available in the crate drop?

BOOYAH!
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Skydance » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Ok.....where's the pan?
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 am

Recommended quick look below.
Did you know that the Hi-Top Trainers increased your carry capacity?
Also, if you find a trench coat, it means a serious player was just there...

All Clothing, Armor, and Items
http://indieobscura.com/article/1061/all-clothing-armor-and-items-in-playerunknowns-battlegrounds

Shoes
Work Boots: Bulk 20.
Boots (Punk): Bulk 20.
Hi-Top Trainers: Capacity 20.
Hi-Top Trainers (Brown): Capacity 20.
Hi-Top Trainers (Blue): Capacity 20.

Fear the pan Skydance!
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Skydance » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:09 am

Other thing recently discovered about PUBG...

Land vehicles always spawn facing "East"

A none team member can be carried in your vehicle (until Bandy jumps out to pick up a pistol. He then jumps out and legs it as Bandy gives pursuit shouting come here you &@!$¥%# followed by pop, pop, pop)

Squads of more than 4 players is coming

A new game type called WAR is coming (It's a gamemode from Arma 3 BR that has a teamdeath match style where players kill each other for 50 minutes and then at the end, it ends in a BR ending with the circles and bombing runs.

Two new maps are in the pipeline
Last edited by SYN_Skydance on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

PreviousNext

Return to New Games