Hell Let Loose

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Hell Let Loose

Postby SYN_Skydance » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:37 am

i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: Hell Let Loose

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:13 pm

I've been playing a couple of rounds in Alpha and must say this is very promising. Big map with 100 players, beautifully crafted. It plays a bit like ARMA, but without the weird glitches. You can jump, but when you run there is fatigue and you can't bunny hop sideways when running, so it's not like CoD/Battalion 1944. Team based gameplay is the central theme with a lot of control points that have to be captured. Also, you really need different roles in your platoon or you won't get far (medic to revive, support for ammo, officer to create spawn point). It's very easy to create a new platoon (now up to 6 players) so ideal for a squad like us.

At this moment it's very alpha with trees sometimes popping out/in, voice chat not bug free; local/proximity voice chat works though and is useful. Graphics are good, but too blurry for my taste, a bit like pubg. Is it just not done nowadays to have a sharp picture in the distance??? Weapons feel really good. Medic class only has a pistol which is a bit too hard-core for my taste! No doubt numerous things will change.
Looking from the previews I think Post scriptum will have more stuff when released. In Hell let Loose there is currently no moving vehicles, so if someone didn't create a spawn point in time it's a walking simulator!

SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Repent » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:31 am

looks good vander, good mini review too.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:19 am

Yeah ..thanks for the review..

Looking at some videos I've got the feeling this game has a more team vs team one round match approach? Not like the tactical stuff in Post Scriptum? Am I right?
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:00 pm

he he, "a walking simulator", Classic! :lol:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Thinking all the Nazi fanbois going to camp in the hedge rows :lol:
Going to be utterly frustrating to be on the assault, like the Iwo Jima map in Rising Storm. Sorry to fans of the series, but hated that spawn-die-spawn recycle at high speed.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Yeah, well you place your own spawn points as a platoon so if you placed them in the wrong spot... fall back to another. So far the gameplay works quite well. But it's sooo alpha. We were defending Brecourt Manor and I heard unfamiliar gunshot sounds coming from a barn close to me. So I carefully walked in and up the stairs and sure enough there is a German camping and shooting out of a window. He had his back to me so I took aim and pressed the trigger...nothing. Again..again..and then "Lost connection to host" Aaarghh!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Return to New Games