Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Post Scriptum

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon May 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Tomorrow may be too late Ricky?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Tue May 29, 2018 5:43 am

Good times last night, frustrating as hell, no idea what was going on, probably saw 3 or 4 enemies but was killed and hit many more times than that.

Spent 90% of my time running across the map, 9% getting shot and 1% shooting back.

Seems realistic!

Ran quite well, although I was in the mid 50's frame rate wise, I think I needed a bit more, next time will switch stuff down, running a 2160x1440 monitor and it didn't like either my computer or GPU overclocked yesterday.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue May 29, 2018 6:27 am

Pleasantly surprised how well the game mechanic worked, at least I liked it. Attacking or Defending only for now I think. Creating sections, being able to lock it etc all works well for squad play (already refined in the game Squad of course).
Great maps. I love the variation of villages, fields/ open terrain, hedgerows and wooded areas. Epic moment when we tried to cross an open field with an mg on the other side and also a mortar team as we found out :lol: . In general this terrain allows for a lot of tactical maneuvering and having multiple options to setup a defensive line etc.
Graphics wise it’s okay. The 3d environment is very nice and I reckognize the Dutch landscape/houses, but the rendering of stuff in the distance is still a bit blurred/jaggied which is a pity. Other games like pubg have this at well and I don’t know why. Arma has a much cleaner look.
Sounds are great and add a lot of atmosphere. You will always here some shooting/shelling going on and it really feels you are part of a larger battle even if it’s only 40 guys on your side.

Interested to hear from others as well!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Tue May 29, 2018 7:00 am

SYN_Blackrat wrote:Good times last night, frustrating as hell, no idea what was going on, probably saw 3 or 4 enemies but was killed and hit many more times than that.

Spent 90% of my time running across the map, 9% getting shot and 1% shooting back.

Seems realistic!.

Had some good fun, and my experience so far is basically the same as yours. Only German I saw was right at the end, when we were hiding in some bushes on the side of the road and a SdKfz 251 came along. I managed to shoot the gunner before we were unfortunately killed in the attempt to take it out with a grenade :lol:
My situational awareness was very limited most of the time, could never really figure out where I was shot from, except when MGs with tracers were firing.

SYN_Vander wrote:Pleasantly surprised how well the game mechanic worked, at least I liked it. Attacking or Defending only for now I think. Creating sections, being able to lock it etc all works well for squad play (already refined in the game Squad of course).
Great maps. I love the variation of villages, fields/ open terrain, hedgerows and wooded areas. Epic moment when we tried to cross an open field with an mg on the other side and also a mortar team as we found out :lol: . In general this terrain allows for a lot of tactical maneuvering and having multiple options to setup a defensive line etc.
Graphics wise it’s okay. The 3d environment is very nice and I reckognize the Dutch landscape/houses, but the rendering of stuff in the distance is still a bit blurred/jaggied which is a pity. Other games like pubg have this at well and I don’t know why. Arma has a much cleaner look.
Sounds are great and add a lot of atmosphere. You will always here some shooting/shelling going on and it really feels you are part of a larger battle even if it’s only 40 guys on your side.

Interested to hear from others as well!

I like the mechanics too, it indeed allows and even sometimes forces you to move wisely and cautiously. Really nice, big maps, very atmospheric sounds and enough relief in the terrain to get some cover, even for a flat country :wink:
Enjoyed the realism of the gunsight when ranging for longer distance, even if it really doesn't help aiming. The fact that you can drink to recover faster is a nice little touch.
Smoke grenades are quite handy if used correctly, and can get you out of a tight spot. Grenade aiming was quite bad for me, seems they go much farther than I thought.

Graphics were at first terrible for me in full-screen, couldn't go over 1600xsomething without some serious rendering bug (the screen was half green), and even then I experienced a lot of texture shimmering and in the distance I only saw a pixelated mess.

Switching to Borderless mode allowed me to go to my max resolution and things where then much much better, no more shimmering and much better resolution at distance.
Still, trying to see the enemy or aim at it at distance is very difficult if your leader doesn't tell you where to shoot. Seems quite realistic, I guess lots of soldiers spent more time shooting suppressing fire at an invisible or half visible enemy during WWII.
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Repent » Tue May 29, 2018 8:00 am

loved it, think we will have some great fun in the future, game runs great most of the time, i had zero crashes or anything notable to speak of in that regard.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue May 29, 2018 11:28 am

My only wish is for clearer rendering...Many times I saw Germans at pretty close range but I couldn't ID them effectively. As Vander points out, in Arma or real life for that matter, even I can tell what someones wearing when just across the street. :geek: Even at 4k it was a bit of a blurry mess. :| Other than that, I like it.

Having so many of us playing was great too.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Tue May 29, 2018 2:30 pm

yeah awesome squad play there! Happy happy joy joy...

Also..not many kills..but the whole atmosphere was cool and very enjoyable.

Did you guys notice that last sortie how we were late to the party mostly. Though I think it was the right thing to move slow and possibly flank the enemy. Also we ( Vander actually fired ) destroyed two tanks and a mechanized vehicle I believe..which was very costly for the enemy. So intense when that chauffeur of that last tank tried to climb out to avoid a gruesome death. and then crawled quickly back in his tank when Rep and I lit him up.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Speck » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:20 am

I missed this until now... haven't verified by trying to play yet, but...

SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Repent » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:25 am

Hey speck, yer we have been playing this over the weekend so far.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Speck » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:18 pm

I figured that was likely. Just thought I'd post, not having seen a "heads-up" here. See you soon..
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to New Games