Post Scriptum

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Post Scriptum

Postby SYN_Speck » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:46 am

In case you missed it... "Release date postponed, Beta access from next week."

"Dear PS Community,
We want to thank everyone for your support and helping us with our previous week-end tests of Post Scriptum. It has been truly amazing for us to see the positive reception during our past public playtests from live streams to the comments being shared. However, we realize that there are still bugs and issues keeping you from enjoying the game to the fullest. We really value you as our community and want to ensure our game is the best we can have it for release.

After this past weekend test, we recognize that there are still issues with bugs and optimization that we would like to be resolved before we release the game. Based on our internal QA process, we were under the impression our optimization had undergone significant advancements. But after collecting a higher volume of performance reports from our public testing weekend, we realize there is more work to be done in order to get the game to a fully optimized state.

With that being said, as hard as a decision it is, we have decided to postpone our release date until the second week of August in order for us to resolve issues around optimization and bugs. Being a small independent team has made this decision difficult as many of us have worked 3 years on Post Scriptum. We really want to make the best impression we can when it comes to release and not put out something we know ourselves has issues.

Instead of releasing an unoptimized game on July 18th, we would like to open up a 24/7 open beta period starting July 18th, 2018 until our new release date. This will allow you to still enjoy and play the game, while helping us collect vital information to resolve all bugs and optimization issues in time for release. Post Scriptum is currently feature complete, and this beta period will allow our team to allocate all resources to bug fixing and optimization.

All pre-orders will obtain instant access to the beta period when it is live and the game on full release.
Open Beta Content
– Dedicated Server files for public use
– 24/7 Access to the game
– All core game features
– Pre-order gives instant access
– Ability to report bugs, feedback and glitches
– Consistent updates with fixes

Once again we want to thank you all for your support and we are eager to get you playing Post Scriptum as soon as possible.
Periscope Games"
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:41 am

Well if we can play the Beta...I can wait for the full game a bit longer :)
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:01 am

SYN_MrWolf wrote:Well if we can play the Beta...I can wait for the full game a bit longer :)

Same here, better for them to wait so they can improve some stuff, than releasing it now and get trashed in the reviews because of bugs and performance issues.
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Wow ..saturday 23 July night sorties were really cool imo. Good teamwork..nice use of comms. I loved it.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:30 am

Yea, those were really good. It's gratifying when the squad and whole team, work as a cohesive unit. Some very intense moments.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Post Scriptum

Postby SYN_Ricky » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Really enjoying the game so far. Tough job to be squad leader, quite a handful to keep track of the situation, guide your guys (wisely if possible), marking stuff on the map and trying not to get killed.

I still have a hard time figuring out where enemy fire is coming from.

I played a bit solo last week on that French server mostly as logistic session, lots of fun too, setting up spawn points behind enemy lines or defensive positions. Best thing is building mortar position and conducting fire support under the supervision of squad leaders on the front. Once an artilleryman, always an artilleryman I guess ;)
You still get involved in the fights quite often, so it's as boring as one could think.
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Ricky » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:24 am

Found this little tool to calculate elevation and azimuth settings for mortars:

https://psmc.ende.pro/

Haven't tried it yet, for now I've always used the in-game table that shows up when aiming and guessing ranges and bearings, with an observer correcting the fire, it proved to be quite effective already.
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Heads up: We’ll be playing PS tonight with a couple of guys, probably around 9pm CET.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:32 pm

That was a really good game guys. Looks like we're getting a little better at it too :) This new release version ran really smooth for me as well.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:13 am

SYN_Vander wrote:That was a really good game guys. Looks like we're getting a little better at it too :) This new release version ran really smooth for me as well.

Really enjoyed this session. I know it's a good game when I enjoy playing it even without getting lots of kills, the immersion factor is really good and I really feel I'm part of a unit doing my small personal contribution in a big battle. This is the game I wished Iron Front would have been years ago.

I agree we are improving as a team. I think we can improve more setting some roles before moving or attacking, i.e. where should different classes be (up in front or a bit in the back), using more covering fire from a part of the team while the other one moves etc.... All things that might seem logic and easy when you think about them but that can be easily forgotten when in the thick of the action :wink:

As for me I still have trouble getting a clue about where I'm getting shot from, sometimes I'm looking around stupidly while the enemy is literally just a few feet away from me :lol:
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

PreviousNext

Return to New Games