I tried Crusader Kings II and need some help :)

Heads up on new games

Moderator: SYN Exec

I tried Crusader Kings II and need some help :)

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:45 am

Well I heard some enthusiastic comments about Europe Universalis by Kollwitz and saw Haash was playing Crusader Kings as well. so I bought it since it was only 8 Euros in a Steam Sale.

I tried it last night. It's no graphic fest..but I like it a lot. It's a really more about intrigue and diplomacy then a warmongering game. You are conquering lands..tho not only by sending soldiers.

It's complicated tho.

I managed to conquer some land. Tho I was wondering if Koll and Haash can help me with this.

I now and then have someone ( who is not family ) in my court with a claim of a certain area. Tho if I use that claim and attack that area I only help to get that person to own that land. He isn't automatically become my vassal.

Also...is there a way to marry of my sons, so they inherit land of his new wife's claims?

What are besides conquering and fabricating claims ways of obtaining new land???
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Re: I tried Crusader Kings II and need some help :)

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:49 pm

SYN_MrWolf wrote:I now and then have someone ( who is not family ) in my court with a claim of a certain area. Tho if I use that claim and attack that area I only help to get that person to own that land. He isn't automatically become my vassal.

its all depends if he is your vassal or no, if not, waving war for him will only increase his opinion of you.

SYN_MrWolf wrote:Also...is there a way to marry of my sons, so they inherit land of his new wife's claims?

It depends on which kind of marriage you choose. I think there is 2 of them, long time I don play it. I remember cus sometimes you will only have daughters so the only way to keep your House name is to marriage her out in a way that her kids will keep you house name.

SYN_MrWolf wrote:What are besides conquering and fabricating claims ways of obtaining new land???

Marriage is the other only way that I can think of.

Sorry I couldnt be more concrete but I need to play it again to remember all that stuff. Also important to know which kind of succesion is set up in your domains since you can find yourself loosing lot of land to other family members (Brothers, sis, etc...)
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Re: I tried Crusader Kings II and need some help :)

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:17 pm

Thanks!! Any help is welcome ...
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Return to New Games