Online flying

If you would like to join us please post here.

Moderator: SYN Exec

Online flying

Postby Crowebar » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Greeting's all. I found your syndicate forum when generally browsing for online squads and liked what I was reading. I am 56 years young and based at Stamford in the East Midlands bit of England. Been flying flight sims since buying my first Spectrum 48 back in the 80's, prior to that I got my air combat buzz from the old Avalon Hill games. Used to play one called Air Wars with my 3 brothers. I flitted around with all the various flight sims of the 80's and 90's until the release of Falcon 4. That was the point I got hooked big time! So, I have been flying Falcon for around 18 years, the latter part of that as a member of the 185th VFS wow, how good is online multiplayer! I have got both Rise of Flight and A10c but to be fair, they have rarely seen the light of day due to my 185th Falcon comittments.

Made a hard decision to move on from Falcon last year to try something else. Had a few months with A10C but not sure it is grabbing me the same as Falcon did. Decided to buy the DCS Spitfire when it released and I have been trying to takeoff ever since! lol. Can't imagine not being part of an online squad now and as mentioned before, I like what I see here. I have a few sessions to go with the Spitfire before I will be ready to fly with anybody as I need to nail takeoffs, circuits and landings first, and then basic flight manoeuvres but hope to fly with you guys soon. Looking forward to meeting you on team speak soon.
Crowebar

Re: Online flying

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Welcome, I don't fly at all ATM online but some of the guys meet up on Sundays in IL2 on once in a while with DCS, Arma 3 seems to have been taking up a lot of time ATM.

You are in the right age group here most of us are 40/50 s keep your eye on TS this afternoon and jump on. Its my wedding anniversary today so my time may well be limited :lol:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Repent » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi crowebar, where ya from?
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Hey there Crowebar,

Welcom to our forum. Jump on if you see us online. you're very welcome to join in.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby Crowebar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi all, sorry but I doubt I will get on TS today but you never know. Repent I am in Stamford, Lincolnshire
Crowebar

Postby Crowebar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:10 pm

From what you guys have said, I wonder if this is the right group for me as I would like to fly DCS spitfire regularly with a squad online
Crowebar

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi Crowebar,
In the interest of not jerking you around...
Unfortunately, I'm afraid that you may be correct. Though many of us have DCS(and enjoy it), we as a entire group, have never really been focused and organized with it in the same way we've been with Il2-46, RoF, and BoS. The reasons for that are many I suppose. But mainly to my mind is the fact that DCS has failed to date to make a complete scenario for anything other than jets.(not that I think that there are anything wrong with jets :wink: )

The planes in DCS are great imho, and personally I have them all. Yet they don't fit together in a meaningful way that helps people, whom are not as rabid about planes as I, get excited about it. Hopefully that may change soon(?)/someday with the release of the Normandy Map and more WWII content. At this point, we'll have to wait and see what happens...Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for. And feel free to continue to drop by, the door is always open. Cheers.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:52 pm

I think Mugue is correct here, the absence of a dedicated server facility for DCS excluded it from our endeavours, I did try once but running DCS world on a remote server with no graphic card proved impossible.

I can only get it up once in half a dozen tries with no damage and even then it 'ain't pretty :lol:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby Crowebar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Thanks guys. I guess I can see where we are once I learn to fly the beast
Crowebar

Return to Recruitment