I would very much like to join your "band of brothers"

If you would like to join us please post here.

Moderator: SYN Exec

I would very much like to join your "band of brothers"

Postby Nufsed » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:46 pm

Good day gentlemen. I would very much like to join your "band of brothers" (If, you will have me :wtf:) So without further delay, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Michael Collins (as far as I am aware, no relation to the original) but I prefer "Mike". I have been flying "sims" since the invention of the home computer (and before that I was building Airfix models), my first was F15 Eagle on the Sinclair Spectrum, I then moved on to an Atari and thought all of my Christmas's had "come at once" with the release of Spectrum Holobyte's Falcon 4! From then on it's been a steady progression through various PC's and flight simulators. In 2000 I opened a gaming centre in Romford Essex called "Sierra Hotel" and yes, you've guessed; It was designed primarily for flight sim enthusiasts. In 2001 I co-founded IGamesUK (formally known as the Virtual Gaming Alliance) we hosted the Samsung World Cyber Games in London for three consecutive years. In 2003 my wife and I moved to Tenerife where we had seven wonderful years of getting p******d and making merry. We moved back to the UK in 2010. I joined the now defunct 74th Flying Tigers and had some great times flying the A10. I re-acquainted myself with FSX and all the joys of "tweaking". In 2009 I bought one of the first incarnations of ROF, but never really used it that much (and boy am I sorry for that, I can't believe what I was missing) I am currently flying FSX (still) ROF, DCS (P51 and A10) IL2 COD, ARMA3 and last but definitely not least, I have invested in IL2 BOS (Premium Edition). So Guys (and, maybe, Girls) I come to you ready packaged as a fairly experienced pilot, who won't need training (to much) and have my very own copy of Robert. L. Shaw's. "Fighter Combat"! I await your reply with baited breath :wink:
Nufsed

Re: I would very much like to join your "band of brothers"

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:50 pm

Welcome Nufsed.

I am sure our glorious squad leader will come along shortly and give you the run down, but please know he is currently dealing with an injury.

Please don't take offense but I will delete the duplicate post.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby Nufsed » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Thank you for the response, no offense taken.
Nufsed

Postby SYN_Jedders » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi Nufsed. I think the best thing is to recruit you and unrecruit all the rest of em :)

Seriously tho, it sounds like you will fit in just perfectly. I have to add a caveat that we are somewhat at a "standstill" in terms of simming with the slow demise of RoF and the wait for BoS we find ourselves focussing mainly on our Sunday vintage Missions. Through the wekk its pretty quiet. All of this will change with the soon arrival of BoS multiplayer.

I will stick up a poll, in the meantime please join us on TS and get stuck in!

Jedders
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby Nufsed » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Great, thanks Jedders. By the way, I was thinking of changing my nickname.....to Da-Ella :grin: What do you think :wink:
Nufsed

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:18 am

Well, we have plenty of ugly sisters....
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby Nufsed » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:10 am

LOL....looking forward to meeting you all on TS, couple of questions; what TS are you using, where do I find the server address, time & date of next meet.....and who's turn is it to buy the beers;-)
Nufsed

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:17 am

Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby Nufsed » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Thank you sir.
Nufsed

Postby SYN_Jedders » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Im a bit confused, Nufsed. I would have expected you to make an appearance on TS3 by now :/

Am I then right in saying that it might not be full SYN membership that you are after but more Battle of Staligrad membership?...let me know...BoS membership is automatic and doesn't require a poll. We cant vote on your poll if we haven't met you :P
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Return to Recruitment