Request to enlist for Rise Of Flight

If you would like to join us please post here.

Moderator: SYN Exec

Request to enlist for Rise Of Flight

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:47 am

Hello,

I have noticed SYN running great realism missions and having active pilots during evenings (EU time) and would very much like to get to know you folk and 'fly' with you.

With that said, here is some info on myself because you probably did not get to know me trough game as I am little late to the party. Just discovered ROF recently and bought near everything but bombers on my main account, and have also Steam account with bombers DLC on it but I prefer fighter jockey role, so did not really fly them yet. I love the game, it's a lot different then WW2 sims I used to play, but BFM and ACM still apply on any plane WW1 up to modern ones, and since that is the case I'd rank myself as average, or at least good enough to fly as a wingman, but that is for you lot to judge.

I was (and still am) somewhat passionate FPS player since 99' and UT days all up to this modern hand holding crap FPS games have become (apologies to younger generation finding new COD/BF games good enough, but we old farts know better - guess wisdom comes with experience and age and greatly affects taste in everything :)).

During my university days I've started playing IL2 back in 2001 and soon after joined European Air Force squadron, and had a great time with them for years. Then again went off flight sims for almost a decade when I changed towns and jobs only to return this year and find great sims, present and future, but sadly my EAF squadron has stuck in time a bit and only play IL2:46 SEOW's and nothing else.

Since we all know areal combat is not for lone wolfs (apart for airquake shooting practice when one is still learning new sim) I feel the need to find new friends and squadron for ROF in particular, but some future sims as well (I own BOS and Elite Dangerous, and will at some point get Star Citizen when I feel it offers enough gameplay to warrant a purchase).

As of my personal info, I am 35 year old software engineer from Croatia. No problem with speaking English language on TS apart from maybe funny accent - lets call it pigeon English :). My other interests and hobbies are so many (from MTB, windsufing all over to tech stuff and photography). Also planning on getting some good chopper motorbike soon, so I guess I should be able to find some common interests and topics with some of you even outside of PC gaming.

Oh one last thing I must point out, in case EAF organize in BOS, I would like to remain in EAF for some very old and good friends (that actually depends on both, EAF and SYN, not having an issue with it). But for any other game, ROF in particular, I would like to enlist with Syndicate. I really hope that is not an issue, but if it is, it's better to clear it up front since some people take things too seriously and I don't really like to argue, even virtually...

Salute!
Cy
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: Request to enlist for Rise Of Flight

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:38 am

Hi Cyclops and welcome to our forum,

I'm sure our exultant squadron leader, SYN_Jedders, will post a welcoming reply soon, but just to be clear you are asking to join us as a full squad member for any simulation/game we play? Some players/pilots have joined us from other RoF squads just to fly with us in BoS (because of development history and their squad's disinterest in WWII), but I do not about SYN pilots flying under a different squad in BoS.

You are always welcome to join us on our TS server and fly with us. Anybody can. It is the best way to get to know you before any consideration of membership can happen.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Sorry if I confused you. At this time I am asking only for Rise Of Flight since I know already I will fly it on daily basis (SP, MP, Coop, whatever...).
EAF is not playing it at all and that will never change, hence the need for a group that does like ROF.

As for any other games, I can't say at this time which one I will be interested seriously enough. So I would not commit at this point to any other game until I see them finished and polished, by which time I can decide if they will hold my interest to continue. We can discuss those games when the time comes if needed.

Just mentioned I plan on giving a chance E:D and BOS since I bought them already to support development. But that is not guarantee for my time with them if they fall short in quality.
But guess I was not clear enough so it created confusion. Sorry about that.

I have read you're involved in many games so I thought it was worth a notice. But personally I don't mind if it's just ROF at the end.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:44 am

Hi cyclops. I was also in EAF in il2:1946 for a while with Repent. Nice bunch and we get along well. Definitely drop in to our ts channel on Sunday evening if you can. We can get to know each other better, then I can go to a poll on your application.

I nearly wrote that "I can then stick a poll up" but it sounded very rude and I don't want some of our members getting too excited ;)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:11 am

Haha, as open minded as I believe I am, I must disappoint those that get excited since I am happily married and thus off limits to both sides.

I believe it will not be a problem to find free time tonight.

Looking forward to fly with you ladies, just stay off my six when you're 'sticking poll up' to avoid any accidends (check your flight manuals for more information on advanced handling and formations) :D
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi Cy. Putting your poll for recruitment up now...she just be a couple of days.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:40 am

No worries mate, I am not in any kind of hurry.

Already got to know some guys, you seem like a really nice bunch and now that, besides ROF, I found people that share my interest in Elite and upcoming SC, you will not get rid of me easy from TS regardless of the outcome and sqn status :)
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:11 pm

Heya guys, just in case someone noticed I have been gone for 10 days or so (well not that ROF is regular daily activity so most probably did not notice :)).

My good old gtx 580 went puff little over week ago, and I have been waiting on restock of Asus gtx 970, well wait seems to be over and I will have it by Tuesday, but that means I will miss on tonight mission as well :(

Good luck and see you next time I guess.

S!
Cy
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Return to Recruitment