Sinclair wishes to join up

If you would like to join us please post here.

Moderator: SYN Exec

Sinclair wishes to join up

Postby Sinclair » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:42 am

Hi there, I'm Sinclair (obviously not my real name)

I have been flying offline for a few years, with the occasional stint in multiplayer and I figured I'd join a squadron/multiplayer group because well that's really where it's at. I am a Uni student studying at Macquarie University in Sydney. I study history I am currently most interested in Ancient Rome and Carthage, I've read more books about the Punic Wars than I care to mention. I also finished reading an Illustrated history of the First World War by A.J.P Taylor - I'm a big fan of his. I love flight sims I can adequately take off and land in all the fighters I have for Rise of Flight but i guess someone else will be the judge of that ;) fighters are my main interest. I also fly DCS World and Il2 games.

I'm in it for fun and to learn and would like to join up!

Cheers, SInclair
Sinclair

Re: Sinclair wishes to join up

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:50 am

Hi Sinclair,

Is it just coincidence that another chap from down-under was looking for a squadron, or is this post at RoF forum yours?
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=349&t=44276

Just from my experience, the fellows from your edge of the world seldom fly when the rest of us are active. I get up at ungodly early hours before the sun rises and in the past on weekends used to fly occasionally on Oceanic server (when it was up) and met those fellows in the air. Just as my day was barely starting in Eastern Standard Timezone of N.America, theirs was ending.

Other than Vintage Missions (when I basically schedule all of Sunday afternoon to fly) I seldom see the rest of my squad, who are mostly Europeans. For me VM's usually start around noon to 1 PM, or around 18:00 GMT. That's 4:00 AM your time I think.

Not trying to dissuade you from joining, because it would be great for geographic diversity, but timezones definitely must be considered.

Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby Sinclair » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:17 am

Yeah that was me on Rise of Flight forums

I don't mind joining Syndicate. In fact I'm mostly available on occasional weekends when I'm up at parents where all my flight sim comp and gear is available.

I think I'd like to join still! unless there is some other squad that flies in Australasian timezone other than Oceanic because unfortunately they kicked me off the server for reasons I still can't fathom? As I explained in the rise of flight post.
Sinclair

Postby SYN_Speck » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:03 am

Sinclair- thanks for your interest. The next step is to join us on TeamSpeak. That way you'll be able to find out if timezones/sim time will sync up, and as importantly, if you can tolerate our extended scholarly discussions of the most esoteric topics (j/k, sort of.) We place more value on fun and camaraderie than on skill or experience, and as you'll see, we have TS channels for various sims/games that we do. Check the SYN TS and see if anyone's around during the times when you're available. And please don't be shy, you (and anyone else interested) are welcome to jump in on SYN TS at any time.

S~
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby Sinclair » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:14 am

Thank you much obliged, I suppose I could manage to get up at an odd time on a sunday when I'm near my flight computer

I feel welcome already.

Cheers see you people on teamspeak
Sinclair

Return to Recruitment