Another apparent TF breakthrough...

Discuss IL2: Sturmovik. Both 1946 and Cliffs of Dover

Moderator: SYN Exec

Another apparent TF breakthrough...

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:56 am

If interested that is...
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12581&p=136696#post136696

...Okay so once I knew that we were going to officially announce our 'cracking' the map file code and the new map tool, I wondered what questions may be asked...

Have to admit they have talent!
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Re: Another apparent TF breakthrough...

Postby SYN_Per » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:50 am

Indeed. They are really beleiving in CloD. LOT of effort there...
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Looks like a nice job.

But it's got me scratching my head as to why one needs to arm a tiger moth.... for weapons training? Surely this was never used in combat was it? Seems like if you wanted to play with a Lewis gun it would be easier to fire up RoF....but what do I know.....

Anyway more power to them.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:20 pm

I hear you Mugue, but my, I used to really enjoy flying that Moth in CloD just for fun. CloD looks great at sunrise along the cliffs...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:34 am

Jump to 8:45 for a wee announcement, and keep watching (or jump) to 9:53 for a very nice surprise (at least for me, still love the canvas...).

AND if you have any of the TF CloD patches BEWARE of the steam Win10 patch, unless you have Win10 of course...

http://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/49056-team-fusion-look-ahead-patch-50/page-2
Gentlemen, with regards to todays STEAM patch for CloD, DO NOT APPLY IT! If you can go to the ATAG froums and read the threads there (three of them so far) purtenant to this. Here is the chief one I think ---> http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23154

IF you already have there are several suggestions on how you MAY be able to correct it. IF you have not there are also several ways to opt out of it.

If for some reason you can not access these forums, then let me know and I will attempt to transfer what I believe is pertinent here. This update, I think is to do with Windows 10 users but it seems to be affecting all in different ways. Mostly, bad.

Chief
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Kudos to them for working so hard on it. Looks like they've fixed/going to fix many of very rough edges left from the start. And I always like to see new flyable planes. The Gladiator was such fun to fly in "1946". But I won't likely be going back to that game. After RoF, BoS and even DCS, the plane handling in Clod feels dull and dead to me. But slo mo shots of planes peeling off always catches my eye. :wink:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:22 am

SYN_Mugue wrote: But I won't likely be going back to that game. After RoF, BoS and even DCS, the plane handling in Clod feels dull and dead to me. But slo mo shots of planes peeling off always catches my eye. :wink:

Word! :wink:
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Return to IL2: Sturmovik: CloD and 1946