If you are interested...Storm Of War

Discuss IL2: Sturmovik. Both 1946 and Cliffs of Dover

Moderator: SYN Exec

If you are interested...Storm Of War

Postby EAF602_Puff » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi Guys, if you are interested, I spoke to Jedders in TS the other day and let him know about the Storm Of War CLOD server. Its moving to a persistant mission and has really nice features like, Human ground control vectoring to incoming raids , registered squadrons who have an aerodrome assigned to them and they must keep the stock of various airframes etc for use by the squadron members.. full human Axis squadrons, including bomber boys.. loads more etc. EAF have been involved for a good few months now and the main events regularly see a full 75 slot server with folks queuing to get in.

Information can be found at the storm of war forums/website and there is also a link to the full Team Fusion latest patch, 3gb all in one

http://www.stormofwar.org/?Page=home and FAQ posts here http://www.stormofwar.org/phpBB3/viewto ... =26&t=1462

Patch info

http://www.stormofwar.org/phpBB3/viewto ... f=17&t=590

Would be nice to see you guys flying :)
EAF602_Puff

Re: If you are interested...Storm Of War

Postby SYN_LennysCopilot » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Looks fun! I would be up for it, once real life settles down a bit. Anyone else interested?
Last edited by SYN_LennysCopilot on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SYN_LennysCopilot
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Thanks for the update. I was aware a patch was on the horizon, but didn't know it was released. The 'persistent' campaign/mission sounds interesting.
There are some really nice videos coming out recently.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Like your website, very good, I did look at patching up CLOD but lost interest very quickly I am afraid, couldn't really find up to date instructions. I know we have a couple of guys who fly CLOD.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:49 pm

Will defo look into this. Really like what SoW are doing with this.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Skydance » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Love CloD
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:00 pm

SYN_Blackrat wrote:...I did look at patching up CLOD but lost interest very quickly I am afraid, couldn't really find up to date instructions...

SYN_Skydance wrote:Love CloD

I managed to get the last patch (a year or so ago) done relatively easily, so I assume the latest patch is similarly installed?
If not, as Blackie suggests, then Skydance do tell, what patch resources did you use?

EDIT: Found this very promising thread for installing the 5 patches on top of vanilla install: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711
Here are the individual patch downloads in case you have CloD already patched to some level: http://teamfusion.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

My issue is I hope this latest patch can be applied over my already patched CloD, and does not require a 'vanilla CloD' install (as outlined in the thread Jed linked and above). Hopefully I can avoid wiping and then all those file re-writes (5 patches worth) on my SSD, otherwise its going to eventually add up to performance degradation. Not being an alarmist here, this perf'm drop has been proven to be the case, though it is imperceptible over the short term it will eventually add up to a SSD that is as slow to load as a platter HD.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vorlander » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:07 am

SYN_Bandy wrote:
SYN_Blackrat wrote:...I did look at patching up CLOD but lost interest very quickly I am afraid, couldn't really find up to date instructions...

SYN_Skydance wrote:Love CloD

I managed to get the last patch (a year or so ago) done relatively easily, so I assume the latest patch is similarly installed?
If not, as Blackie suggests, then Skydance do tell, what patch resources did you use?

EDIT: Found this very promising thread for installing the 5 patches on top of vanilla install: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711
Here are the individual patch downloads in case you have CloD already patched to some level: http://teamfusion.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

My issue is I hope this latest patch can be applied over my already patched CloD, and does not require a 'vanilla CloD' install (as outlined in the thread Jed linked and above). Hopefully I can avoid wiping and then all those file re-writes (5 patches worth) on my SSD, otherwise its going to eventually add up to performance degradation. Not being an alarmist here, this perf'm drop has been proven to be the case, though it is imperceptible over the short term it will eventually add up to a SSD that is as slow to load as a platter HD.

Bandy, you have so many issues. Holy Fuk.
SYN_Vorlander
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:43 am

That's a little uncalled for...

:cool:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:02 am

TBH Bandy I even defrag my SSD using a program that caters for defragging SSDs, by the time I get any sort of issue I will have bought a bigger one anyway, heard the same people warning about how overclocking my CPUs will shorten their life, only failure I ever had was when a heatsink fan packed in, the CPU was black but still ran afterwards.

This PC hardware is more resilient than you think.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Next

Return to IL2: Sturmovik: CloD and 1946