Re: If you are interested...Storm Of War

Postby SYN_Vorlander » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:11 am

No it's not.

But I apologize.
SYN_Vorlander
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Skydance » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:32 pm

i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:36 am

SYN_Blackrat wrote:TBH Bandy I even defrag my SSD using a program that caters for defragging SSDs, ...

I have not heard of this app, but thought the SSD autoleveling did that, sort of...?
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:39 am

SYN_Bandy wrote:
SYN_Blackrat wrote:TBH Bandy I even defrag my SSD using a program that caters for defragging SSDs, ...

I have not heard of this app, but thought the SSD autoleveling did that, sort of...?

Grrrr, Apps are for Apple shite :twisted:

This is a program called My defrag

Fragmented files are not so much of a problem on an SSD as the time searching for and reading them is a lot less than a mechanical drive where defragging can really slow them down. I just do it to keep it tidy :lol: But a monthly defrag on your mechanical data drive does speed it up, may take a while though.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:06 pm

Hopefully I'll have better luck installing this one big mod...I've had total failure with the individual ones to date. :???:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Are you sure you set up Steam so that it won't try to re-apply the last official patch after you installed the TF ones?
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Ummm, not sure (b/c I have CloD patched to 3.0) but I still think even the big download link has individual patch 'steps'.

I had the final two steps to patch to 4.312 and they went without a hitch. Restart and fly in between.
Patching IF '44 was more confusing, but only because some of the file names were very similar.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Registered, and patched. :cool:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Saintblu » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:09 pm

@ Bandy regarding turrets

Some better stuff I found.

1) There is a conflict with the left mouse. Go to the "CAMERA" category and highlite the "hold to offset camera" then delete the left mouse function.

2) In the "CAMERA" category create a button for "toggle independent mode" This gets rid of the cursor.

3) In the "VIEW" category you need to have a button for "Lean To Gunsight"

4) In the "TURRET" category some aircraft need to change the turret position(110 for instance) so set a button for "firing position " and "cruise position" others may need to move the turret for full function(Ju 87 for instance).

5) In the "VIEW" category, at the least you will need to set a button for"next manned position"

6) In the "GENERAL" category set Left Mouse for the "fire current weapon" function.

Reload is now auto in my Ju88 not sure about the rest.
SYN_Saintblu
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Cygann » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:14 pm

SYN_Blackrat wrote:TBH Bandy I even defrag my SSD using a program that caters for defragging SSDs, by the time I get any sort of issue I will have bought a bigger one anyway, heard the same people warning about how overclocking my CPUs will shorten their life, only failure I ever had was when a heatsink fan packed in, the CPU was black but still ran afterwards.

This PC hardware is more resilient than you think.

What exactly defraging does to a tech that don't have reading heads that needs positioning to read? Ok, I get it that sequential read is always slightly faster (even a lot in some really extreme cases) but for average home user it should not yield any humanly measurable difference. Just leave your SSD as is, without any partitions or defraging and look for solving issues if you got any elsewhere mate.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

PreviousNext

Return to IL2: Sturmovik: CloD and 1946