If you are interested...Storm Of War

Discuss IL2: Sturmovik. Both 1946 and Cliffs of Dover

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: If you are interested...Storm Of War

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:14 am

SYN_Mugue wrote:...I was looking forward to ... a frustrating butt fuck fest!
Fuck this thing!
FUCK THIS THING I SAY!!!!!
[sounds of fulfilled man smoking cigarette]

Move on, move on, people, nothing to see here.

:shock:

:???: :???: :???:

:lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:41 am

:lol: :lol: Well, Bandy, that seems to be taking me a bit out of context. But I guess we all hear what we want. :razz: :lol:
And let me say, I like you too Bandy. Just not in that way.

PS; I did get it working(I think) but sadly my ping to the storm of war server is around 204, :| ,don't know if that's good enough for quality play.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:53 am

I see and do what I can...

Game servers are funny, sometimes they present your connection as a combination of the in/out, so 204 may well be 102. This ping would be on par with my experience to European game servers from E. coast N.America. Then again, aren't you in the rubberboot territory?
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:00 pm

Well yes, we got mud "up the jacksey"(sp?), as they say, but...I get ~110ish ping to western end of the old world...Does anyone know where the SoW server is physically? My ping seems to drop quickly as we move east...
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_LennysCopilot » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:51 pm

SYN_Mugue wrote:Well yes, we got mud "up the jacksey"(sp?), as they say, but...I get ~110ish ping to western end of the old world...Does anyone know where the SoW server is physically? My ping seems to drop quickly as we move east...

I have the impression that the server is in Britain somewhere. My ping is definitely higher than it is for the ATAG server, which I think is somewhere here in the States.

Mugue, is the patch working for you? I hope it is. I really am interested in flying CloDo with you guys as a squad, once my pesky "real life" permits!

Do we have a squadron airfield yet? I was going to try ferrying aircraft to it as practice.
SYN_LennysCopilot
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:15 pm

"I have the impression that the server is in Britain somewhere."--That would surprise me, I usually get ~100ish ping to the UK...but connections vary so I'm not saying it ain't there.

"Mugue, is the patch working for you?" ---That's the tricky thing, I "think" I've got it working ok, then the next time it'll be all fuked again...or not. I'm having trouble finding the pattern to it.

@Ricky ,you said something about the game trying to revert to its original state. And blocking it from doing so. Can you explain that slowly for my feeble mind, please.
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:17 pm

He probably means that you have to make the game control settings file properties (not sure what its name is or where...) make it 'read only' in order to block the game from overwriting your changes on restart. This is a common problem for some games and an easy fix, tho a pain to figure out.

ALSO, I saw something in one of the patch forum threads about taking CloD off Steam backup/restore. I could see that causing a lot of problems with an unoffical mod, eh?.
Will see if I can find that for you...

Some relevant bits that may help you Mugue in bold below... This thread is a goldmine...
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

**IMPORTANT**

1) In the in-game Video settings, make sure "Epilepsy Filter" is unchecked. (ie. disabled). Otherwise, you'll get a psychedelic effect in the cockpit!!!*
*NOTE: This applies to Windows 7 users. HOWEVER, initial results indicate that if Windows 8.1 players check the "Epilepsy Filter" option that gameplay in Multiplayer smooths out dramatically.

2) In the in-game Realism settings, make sure "Anthromorphic Effects" is unchecked. (ie. disabled). This is a glitchy feature that frequently causes your joystick/throttle controls to freeze up.

3) Clear you game cache regularly by deleting the folder 'cache'.The game will make a new folder when it is started. You will find the 'cache' folder here :
Documents \ 1C SoftClub \ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD \ cache

4) Turn Off 'Steam Cloud' by unchecking the 'Enable Steam Cloud sync.' box. First open 'Steam' and go to :
STEAM > Library > All Games > IL2 Sturmovik:Cliffs Of Dover (right Click) > Properties > Updates > Steam Cloud > (Uncheck Box) Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover.

5) If you encounter any issue with your installation there is a process you can run within STEAM that will get your game back to the vanilla level (before any patches). From this you can then re-install your patches from scratch. You can do this as often as you need. The process is called 'Verify integrity of game cache' and here is how you do this: ...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Saintblu » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Try starting teamspeak after you start cliffs.

I had a very rare issue where cliffs would hang if I booted it with TS running.

Not saying that is the problem but you never know.
SYN_Saintblu
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:06 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys, unfortunately, none of that stuff was an issue. I think I got it licked, seems stable now...now to find all my check lists for this game so I can get off the ground with an intact engine. :wink:
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:48 pm

I'd just like to thank Skydance and Lt. Dan (Cheesington too) for the sorties tonight. It was the most rewarding experiance I've had with this game. Cheers guys!

PS: Jed, if you're the exec officer could you "manage" the squadron a bit, and let me in please. :wink: And do we have an air field to ourselves yet?
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to IL2: Sturmovik: CloD and 1946