Wazzaap?

Discuss IL2: Sturmovik. Both 1946 and Cliffs of Dover

Moderator: SYN Exec

Wazzaap?

Postby SYN_Per » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:59 pm

So much drama it could be a soap production. New intriguing post from Bananas by IvanK:

We all know something is up inside 1C with respect to CLOD and the planned Moscow/Stalingrad sequels.... which I believe have been cancelled. I base that on hard information provided to me by trusted independent sources. These same sources also say that an "arrangement " has been made between 1C and 777 studios. Exactly what this arrangement is not clear. I say not clear because a third credible source provides a slightly different story.

Two options have been suggested. The first a new WWII Sim based on the ROF engine with unique new content. In this case all models and content from the Moscow/Stalingrad sequels will be trashed. The second suggestion is the porting of 3D models etc from the cancelled Moscow/Stalingrad sequels into the ROF engine to be part of the new 1C/777/ROF WWII Sim.

Foobs touched on all this in his Blog not so long ago. Many have lambasted Foobs scoop as garbage however it does actually closely agree with the info I have received from trusted knowledgeable sources.
So what is the TRUE situation ? the community are enjoying the current "Final" release patch of CLOD. It shows the awesome potential that CLOD has to offer. There is still work to be done however. The community anticipation is that improvements that will come with the sequels will flow through to CLOD. Of course if the sequels have been cancelled (which I believe to be the case) then what we have is it !

So 1C please tell the community what the True situation is. At present the community is in a Vacuum still awaiting that Official "sequel" announcement that was supposed to have been be made a couple of months ago.

Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Re: Wazzaap?

Postby SYN_Jedders » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:06 pm

Well....all of this was predicted by many people over many months so I for one am not the least bit surprised. For me the best solution would be if 777 have got whatever they want from 1C to continue RoF into WW2.

I have to say that if there is some sort of deal between 1C and 777 then its more likey this way than 1c wanting to add development of WW1 to their already underdeveloped WW2 game. For me it has to be 777 adding content to theirs.

Lets hope eh?..I guess I can finally remove all CloD from the PC at last then.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Sounds very interesting... Unfortunately, I have no clue if any of this is true. We'll see. Hopefully there will be an official update soon.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Per » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 pm

IF there is any thruth to this I hope that 777 can keep their integrity in further development, because they do manage to keep their flyers in the loop.
I´m so sick and tired of russian game development. At least 1C stuff. Feels like I´m reliving the cold war again...
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Ricky » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Lots of speculation going on @ 1C forum and SimHQ. What we know is that indeed Jason and Ilya know each other quite well, and that someone from the ROF team redid the sounds fro CloD a few patches ago.

It would be nice if there was maybe some kind of co-operation between the two teams, maybe sharing experience and/or human power, while still keeping both projects and companies separated.

I don't really see one project merged into the other, IMHO there's too much difference in the game engines for that. Even if Jason said at one point that the current engine would ultimately limit further development for ROF, they can't transpose what they've done into the COD engine. Same for the other way around, why would 1C team start adapting all they've done to the ROF now, it would need 1000 more work thatn keeping improving their own...

I hope that if there's some truth in these rumours it's really a matter of creating some synergy between the two teams for the better of both sims.

My two swiss franc cents :razz:
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Also, the guys that are now modeling all new planes in Rof are the same guys that modeled the aircraft for CloD.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:34 pm

One of two things then must happen;

1/ 777 get to use 1C`s models within their game engine as it is...just upgrading the map and using RoF engine.

2/ 1C fold 777 into 1C to further development of RoF and a new WW2 sim.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Jedders » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:58 am

Interesting from Jason...picked out a few words here that may/may not mean anything. He also seems to be trying to dampen the flames of rivalry between RoF and Clod....maybe becasue they may end up being one product and he wants to keep it all one big happy family?....who knows for sure..

Jason on Simhq

"ROF has turned a profit every year since 777 took over. Yes, we ask for continued support because when you have a program of constant development you have to remind people to keep up the support. And building a huge WWII sim is a multi-million dollar expense very few in this tiny genre can afford outright not matter what business their current title is doing. All this talk comparing CLOD to ROF is not worth the effort. Soooo much misinformation about ROF and the CLOD engines and their teams floating around. Plus so much hate and angst out there in this genre that doesn't need to be there. It annoys everyone involved in making these titles and some talented people have quite over it. Does anyone even fly and have fun anymore?

The posts at 1C were taken down because they do not appreciate their forum being used as a conduit to bash 777 and ROF and we agree with them. Such harsh comments do not further this genre at all.

Anwyays, all this has been interesting to watch, but please don't push falsehoods about the 777 Team or ROF. ROF is an EXCELLENT product and works very well on a wide range of systems. It does things no other sim does and does most things better than any other prop sim ever made. Our business model works and it's kept us going, along with our dedicated fans, for several years now. And it costs you absolutely nothing to give it a go! We have a track record of keeping our promises and having open and honest communication with our community and giving them regular updates on progress. We've worked with talented parties in the community to make some cool content for the community and we listen to our fans as evidenced by the content and features we have added. Our team, management and technology has been recognized by other organizations in the gaming industry and some have asked for our help on projects not even related to hardcore flight-sims that you will most likely never ever know about. We are not the backwater rookies some uninformed people on internet forums make us out to be.

This should be one big happy genre. I can't change what other companies have done to piss people off, but we work hard every day to improve our product and by extension the genre.

I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow is Friday and my wife is out of town so it will be a ROF MP all weekend! See you in the sky!

Jason"
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Return to IL2: Sturmovik: CloD and 1946