How to activate ts overlay?

Simple step by step instructions on how to join us on comms.

Moderator: SYN Exec

How to activate ts overlay?

Postby etzel » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi Guys again!
Seems I've got the right settings to enjoy your server, at least this evening my flight showed no technical problems. :thumbup:

Another question I have now is how to avctivate the overlay function for ts in RoF (I hope that then I can see who's in my channel, and who's voice I hearing *g*).

thanx very much for your support here and during the flights

etzel /reini
etzel

Re: How to activate ts overlay?

Postby SYN_Speck » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:19 pm

Open TS3 and go to the Settings > plugins tab. You should see a box in the left side menu labeled "Teamspeak 3 Overlay plugin." Make sure that box is checked to enable it.

Having done that, to make the overlay work in ROF you have to start TS3 before you start ROF, and you have to run it as administrator. So, rather than just double-clicking your desktop shortcut to start TS3, you should right-click it and select "run as adminstrator" from the menu that pops up.

Hope that works for you.
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby etzel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:48 pm

thx spec, did so, but did not bring the desired effect :-/
Overlay-plugin is actived, I am allways logged in as admin and to be sure I started ts as normal (admin-)user and password.
And I configured "Pos1" as overly-switch
Then logged in RoF, but nothing happens or changes when I am pressing Pos1...

And as additional info: I have Win XP

Well of course it's not the most important issue, I can switch to ts-gui via alt+tab, but since therefore I am loosing the cockpitsight and I am affraid that this could be a task that leads to crash of the game it would be nice to be able to avoid this...

...any ideas else?
etzel

Postby SYN_Speck » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:00 am

Well, I am using Win7, so maybe it's different. But for me, even being logged in as admin, I still have to R click and run TS3 as admin, otherwise it doesn't work.
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby etzel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Ok, last question on this topic: What would be the difference if Overlay is working correctly within ROF? Do you simply see the interface of TS within RoF to handle it without leaving the game-screen or are some infos out of ts (e.g. who is speaking at the moment) embedded in any way?

(it's just because that if I can find any tip in the web about this I want to know how to check if this tipp has worked *g*)
etzel

Postby SYN_Speck » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:42 pm

It's not embedded in ROF. It's a small semi-transparent box (overlay) that appears in the upper L corner of the screen with everyone's name in channel visible. When someone speaks, their name lights up brighter. Definitely handy when you're in a channel with more than 2 or 3 people who you don't know by voice.
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby etzel » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi, Update again:

Did not really find a way to get the ts-overlay work in RoF, but I found another tool, the ts notifier which oviously do not have all of the overlay functions, but the most important one. Now at least I can see during flight in which chanel I am actually, who else is in that channel and who is speaking right now => that's nearly all I needed (the only features that would be nice is to switch channel and to change status, but obviously this tool is not supporting any active commands in TS but just is "transporting" the TS-information into RoF).

For anybody who has similar problems like me with the overlay here is the link to the thread in the official RoF-Forum where I found the link to download this tool incl. a description how to configure:

http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&start=60

...looking forward to join again ;-)

Best regards from (rainy) Vienna

etzel / reini
etzel

Postby SYN_Speck » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Great- that actually sounds like the same thing as TS overlay, as TS overlay does not do anything more than what you describe. It doesn't have functionality to change channel or status either, it's just a display.

See you in the skies..
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby Uchlet111 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:57 am

Trying to connect does not work out. Your TS is working? if does not work, I suggest to use our ts. 193.106.201.225 : 9987.
if necessary, we can create a special channel for SYN ROF. I am the administrator of this TS server.
Uchlet111

Postby Uchlet111 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:03 am

Channel : SYNDICATE Rise Of Flight. pass 3321
Uchlet111

Next

Return to Teamspeak3: How to setup and join.