P-40 is out!

A place to discuss our Battle of Stalingrad server.

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: P-40 is out!

Postby SYN_Mugue » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:49 pm

NIce! :mrgreen:

I notice that his MP gauge can go a little higher than ours... :roll:...Ah well, it's a different version. :wink:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Repent » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:20 am

Try climbing in the P-40, keep climbing, maintain about 80-100mph, it just hangs on its prop....and actually keeps climbing!!!!!

Turns on a dime now too if youve got the energy
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Agreed.
I'm really happy with the new FM.
Finally, I've got a fighting chance to duck out of the way of a booming Jerry. And now can pull up to get a good shot on him as he climbs away in his zoom, without spinning into a complete and unrecoverable departure. And if he didn't manage his energy well I might be having him for lunch.

Feels pretty good after suffering for so long as just a target drone for the blue side. Now I'm a target drone , WITH TEETH! :lol:

With this breakthrough in FM's, I've got real hope now that the P-39 will be a useful addition to the plane set, and not just a twitchy, under powered, spinning suicide machine.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 am

Another plus for the P-40: Skip-bombing works!!! Try it in quick mission on Kuban map. Select a free flight spawn point, with ships selected as targets and practice on cargo ships. Curve in with a high speed dive, level out just above the water and release just before you pull up to avoid the ship. I saw it bounce at least once. With a 500 lb bomb you can sink a 7000t cargo ship in one pass! Oh, I set my fuse timer to "contact"; not sure if that is necessary.

Now I really can't wait for the A-20! :razz:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Previous

Return to SYNDICATE Server: Battle of Stalingrad