Logitech G940 throttle repair

Computers, joysticks, rudder pedals, DIY you can discuss it all here.

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Logitech G940 throttle repair

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Yea, that's the same firmware version I'm running.
I can't remember(it's been a long while now) having the "reversal" bug. I just remember twitchy pots of the rudder and trim controls etc. Which is why I updated.

But now if I run a device analyzer program, I can see that when I try to make a 1% change it won't. It skips to 2% or 3% and I have to move it back to get to 1%. This makes the plane porpoise around, obviously, making formation flying and adjusting fire a challenge.

That said, it's not a deal breaker. I love the ffb and its many buttons and axis. So I'll be using it until, I break it, or somebody makes a new and better ffb stick.

I just wish I could get a true 1:1 movement from it. Am I making any sense?
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:45 pm

And after 4 weeks the problems are back! Two buttons are making problems. :evil: Maybe it is more than the cables.

Anyway....my birthday isn't far away. And this is on my wish list:

"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Oh that sucks. And after all that work... :|

You'll like the Warthog, imho, the axis's are super smooth and accurate.

Programing the switches can be more challenging in some games. But I found making a generic "TARGET" profile that outputs just momentary DX button presses, is good enough for most games, and prevents you from going crazy about "the switch states" etc.

It really shines in some(but not all) DCS modules which supports it's functions out of the box. In the end you'll want to make friends with the TARGET software to get the most out of it.

After the initial moments of, "WTF!!! Why isn't this thing working right?!", I had at the beginning. I don't think I'll ever want to get rid of it. Finally I've got a control that's sensitive and accurate enough to use as a helicopter collective.(though I keep thinking how I could extend it for even more control... :wink: )
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:34 am

Yeah Mugue.....i have a good feeling about the thrustmaster. I think it is the best standalone dual throttle on the market.

Because i'm doing verry much space sim in the last time i need a throttle with many buttons. That's also a reason why i will go with the Thrustmaster. :wink:

And if the stick will pass away in the future i will get an VBK Gunfighter ECP or the Thrustmaster Warthog stick and MFG crosswinds. :mrgreen:
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Maybe i found something better mugue! :eek:

http://www.virpil.com/

I will have eyes on this!

Also the stick looks very good!

https://virpil.com/en/blog/43-mongoost-50-mechanism

SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:53 am

Looks good, as a TM Warthog owner for 7 years now its pretty robust, but I had to do some tweaks to the stick, extension and replace the rubber ring that fouls with a teflon ring and regrease, not too hard to do but should have been done by TM in the first place.

I like the look of these too, but why can we not get a trim wheel on the side of the throttle base for pitch and another on the rear for Yaw/roll those are the controls I miss most for the WW2/light civil aircraft.

One day I will build a button box just for these types of controls.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:03 am

Hi Blackrat!

The pictures are still an early prototype of the throttle. They have multiple thread in the VPC, DCS and IL2 forums wherer they ask what functions the customers want on the throttle. Then they decide the final design. :wink:

On the front of the right throttle is already one rotary switch for trim function. You have to maximise the picture!
Last edited by SYN_DerHesse70 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:07 am

Edit! Double post.
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Nice looking gimble and grip.^ I like that handbrake lever, which I'm hoping is and axis...though I'm not so sure about the placement of that "trim"wheel.

I agree, I'm also disappointed with lack of quality trim controls available on these things, generally.

I want 'non-spiking' Hall sensors for accuracy, and knobs that can twist more than 270 degrees for fine control. :evil: Preferably located in such a way as to mimic real aircraft so I can find them without looking. I will most likely have to buckle down, and build it myself.... :roll:

I'd also like my flightsim software company's to implement proper trim on an axis'! (Il2-BoX I'm talking about YOU! I mean WTF, it this 2017??? can't we figure out how to do this yet?!? :razz: )
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Previous

Return to Hardware