Windows 10

Computers, joysticks, rudder pedals, DIY you can discuss it all here.

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Windows 10

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:30 pm

From the, umm, horse's mouth...
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/features
Windows Offer Details

Yes, free! This upgrade offer is for a full version of Windows 10, not a trial. 3GB download required; standard data rates apply. To take advantage of this free offer, you must upgrade to Windows 10 within one year of availability. Once you upgrade, you have Windows 10 for free on that device.

Windows 10 Upgrade Offer is valid for qualified Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices, including devices you already own. Some hardware/software requirements apply and feature availability may vary by device and market. The availability of Windows 10 upgrade for Windows Phone 8.1 devices may vary by OEM, mobile operator or carrier. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer. To check for compatibility and other important installation information, visit your device manufacturer’s website and the Windows 10 Specifications page. Additional requirements may apply over time for updates. Security and features are kept automatically up-to-date which is always enabled. See the Windows 10 How to Upgrade page for details.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:26 am

Which is what I thought from the start :roll:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Don't roll your eyes at me! :lol:

Apologies for any confusion my earlier post, linkage, and quoting may have caused (I should know better and checked sources myself... now the eye-roll is warranted) but you all have to admit, the policy, related information, i.e. "small print" has been handled very poorly by M$...

Let the eye rolling begin :roll:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:20 pm

I was working on plain English winning the day :grin: hard to defend what they had written :wink:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Oh Blackie, you just don't know how things work over here do you... :lol:
Yes, I'm sure it will work out fine for you all.

Meanwhile, have cloned my 7.1 install and currently dwnlding the Win10 beta installer. Will keep you informed.

Also, RoF and BoS do not have fps counters, are any small fps apps available to check performance? I don't want to use Fraps if there is a smaller footprint offering. Of course I'll search for one, but if you know of something please do post...

http://www.howtogeek.com/209710/4-quick-ways-to-see-a-pc-game%E2%80%99s-fps-frames-per-second/

Anyone installing/using GeForce Experience? Seems like it offers a lot, but at what cost as far as bloat goes?
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Per » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:35 pm

I think there is a fps counter in MSI afterburner. If you feel like using afterburner that is... :wink:
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:42 pm

Thanks for reply Per, Fraps is much smaller than I thought, so going with that.

At 50% Win10 install and so far so good (KoW), so will test & report prelim results later on tonight or tomorrow.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:46 pm

If you are worried about the bloat of Fraps do not bother with Geforce experience it offers nothing you cannot do yourself manualy apart from shadowplay, I prefer to record with Fraps. Also reports of it causing loss of framerates.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Taking much longer than expected, but it has been years since my last Win OS install. MacOS goes much quicker...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:53 pm

And don't bother to take smart ass camera pics, upload to image hosting, post smart ass posts, because it goes ahead and "Takes care of a few things" if you let it sit without a response for fuk sake... :evil:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware